Campbell was all business once she woke up this morning. First she ate breakfast very quickly, then she got dressed pretty much all by herself, and made sure her backpack was ready. After getting dressed she told me she was ready to go. I was able to get a picture outside before we left. We managed to leave the house with everything; nap mat-check, backpack-check, lunch-check, camera-check, and homemade candy for her teachers-check. On the way to school we talked about who would be in her class, what she would get to do at school, and how excited she was to be going to school like Kaylee. I did ask her at one point this morning if I could come pick her up at the end of the day to which she replied, "Maybe". At that point I knew she was going to be just fine. I do not think I had put the car in park before she was unbuckled and ready to hop out. She put her backpack on and walked right in the door like she owned the place. We were greeted by a few of her friends crying but there were no tears from my girl. Once her backpack and lunch were in place and we got a quick picture with her teachers she said, "I need to give you a hug and kiss." After that she was off playing with her friends. I love that she enjoys school so much. It does make me a little sad to see how quickly she is growing up though. However, only for a moment because I was off to enjoy a wonderful breakfast filled with good friends and fun times. I love my time with friends as much or more than Campbell enjoys school so it is a win-win situation:-)
When I returned to pick her up at the end of the day she came running to me with her shoes and socks saying she was ready to go get Kaylee. I love that she loves her sister so much. When I asked if she took a nap one of her teachers said no but that she tried really hard. Once we got in the car I asked her about her day and these were her responses:
"Mallory threw up on the playground when we were lining up. She cried. I was sad for her."
"I ate most of my lunch but I want to eat the rest when I get home."
"I got to see all the Jacksons (there are four variations in her class), Mallory, Morgan, Kase, and Jared. We got to play a lot."
"Mrs. Julie is my teacher, she is my friend. I love Mrs. Julie."
" I am ready to go back tomorrow." (too bad she has to wait until Thursday)
I started talking to her about resting at nap time and not getting in trouble. I looked in the backseat and saw a grin form on her face then came a soft voice that said, "I think I already did." I asked why she got in trouble and she said, "Well Julie moved my nap mat over by the table." I later talked to Julie to see if she survived the day and she said Campbell was not in trouble that she was really trying to sleep but a little boy kept talking to her. She thought if she separated them then Campbell would sleep. Maybe next time:-)
(Campbell with Mrs. Autumn, her friend Aiden, and Mrs. Julie)

5 comments:
I'm so glad she had a good day...and so did you!
What a fun little personality she has! Brooke's teacher will be Mrs. Julie, too. Too bad that it's not the same Mrs. Julie. Missing you...
Glad the first days of school have been good for your girls! They are growing up...
I loved reading about Campbell. She's just SO cute!!
Hey girl...where ya been? I've been missing your sweet comments and beautiful face on my blog? Are you AWOL or what? Hope everything is ok! :)
Post a Comment