Image Map

July 8, 2009

A Weekend of Laughter

Well the July 4th Weekend was great around our house this year we got to escape to Dallas with a some good friends. Good times were had by all!

While the men went to enjoy the Rangers game on July 4th the women were having there own fun shopping all over the metroplex. This picture shows how much fun the men had without us;-) We all had lots of laughs the whole weekend along with lots of great food. I even found a new restaurant that I fell in love with called Kona Grill at North Park Mall. Be warned that the food portions are pretty large so it would be perfect to share. Once we had fueled up we went to almost every store in the mall. Unfortunately for me, all the items I loved were not on sale and most of the time had a higher price than I wanted to pay so alas Anthropologie, Nordstrom, and Banana Republic got to keep their inventory. It was fun just to be with friends in one of my favorite places. After we were all shopped out we went to MiCocina at the Galleria to enjoy some more delicious food and meet up with Lori's Mom, Judy, who is always good for a lot of laughs and fun times. Since the Galleria closed early for the 4th we decided to get our swimsuits on and do a little lounging by the pool. Unfortunately, there are no pictures of the women due to the fact that the men took the camera with them so they could take some very random pictures. I am going to have to get the scoop on that later.

The next day we ate at the Grand Lux and then shopped the Galleria before heading back home. We did stop and gather up a few treasures at a local T.J. Maxx as well. Believe it or not my husband actually came back with more shopping bags than I did. That is what happens when you turn men loose at several sporting goods stores.

This last plug is for you Honey...

Please go to this site and vote for Ian Kinsler of the Texas Rangers to play in the 2009 All-Star Game. I am guessing he is a great player since I hear his name around our house quite often and there were no less than 50 pictures of him on my camera, well maybe a few less but still a lot. All joking aside it would be wonderful to have Ian Kinsler represent Texas in the All-Star Game. Go vote!

No comments: