Image Map

July 31, 2012

Family Vacation Grapevine Style

The end of July brought a fun time for us, it was finally family vacation time. This was our year to stay lose to home so we went to Grapevine and stayed in the Great Wolf Lodge for a few days. It was so much fun. We kicked off the trip by going to the Rainforest Cafe for lunch then experiencing Legoland. Once we were done with all the activities at Legoland we went to check into our suite at the Lodge and got our first view of the waterpark. Just being at an indoor waterpark and not having to apply sunscreen on everyone was a treat. I had purchased the Paw Pass for the girls and let me just say it was worth every penny and filled with activities for them to participate in. The girls had their own sleeping area in a cabin in the room which was fantastic! They were so tired at the end of the day from the waterpark that they did not even feel like arguing. Bonus!

On Saturday night Campbell and I got some one on one time together. We ate at one of the restaurants in the Lodge, went to story time, and she colored a pillow case at the art zone before heading back to our room to watch the olympics.



















While we were having our fun, Kaylee and Cary were celebrating at the Rangers game. I am not sure who enjoyed the evening more...















On Sunday we packed up and headed over to the Aquarium and Bass Pro Shops before heading back to Abilene. The girls even found a boat they tried to talk their Dad into buying. It was a fun few days and we all look forward to going back sometime soon. I love watching my girls experience new things and the thrill in their eyes. Till next summer I suppose...

No comments: