Image Map

October 22, 2007

An Elementary Open House

Well I think I am about two weeks past due for an update so here goes...

I am going to start with Kaylee. Here are three of my favorite people before we left for Kaylee's Open House. Kaylee could not wait to show us all her work and her sweet friends. When we walked in the door we found her seat along with this cute little girl in it.



What you cannot see in the picture is that Kaylee had colored the girl's outfit to look just like the outfit she had worn that day with flowers on the pants and all. I just love to watch her draw and see how her little mind sees things. Too cute!! Along with the person were some papers she had colored and written on. We knew exactly what everything was on each page. It was fun to get to see some of the friends that we hear about all the time.

I am going to end this post with a few thing Kaylee has been doing lately:
*As you can see in this picture she lost another tooth and we now have a top tooth that is loose too. I am thinking that all she is going to want for Christmas are her four front teeth!
*She has been loving her Musical Theatre class that she takes once a week. I think it helps that two of her sweet friends are in there with her.
*She thinks her teacher Mrs. O is the best but she informed me the other day that her real name was Kelly. I have been trying to explain that her real name is Mrs. O too. That might have sunk in a little today.
*Each day she cannot wait to see her sister in the car and tell her "hello" first before anything else. She also asks Campbell about school then gets a little frustrated when Campbell does not share as much information as she did.
*She loves everything about school including Music, PE, Library, and buying lunch in the cafeteria. The whole experience is wonderful to her and I am so thankful.
*I do not know who is more excited at the end of the school day when she gets in the car me, Campbell. or Kaylee.
*She was given the Good Citizen Award for her class this 6 Weeks and we are so proud of her. She was excited about the candy and pencil.
*On her first report card it said that she could count to fourteen, when I asked her why only fourteen she said that she was too busy to count any further and needed to go back to her seat and finish her work.
* The school is having a Fall Festival and they need baked goods for the cake walk. I had already sent a form in saying I would send some things. Kaylee got in the car one day last week listing all of the things they needed me to bake. Evidently Kaylee took it to heart when they said they needed lots of goodies. I explained that they were just giving examples and did not expect me to bake everything they listed.
*We are having such a wonderful year and I pray that it continues.
I will blog about my other daughter tomorrow.

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Thanks for the update! I am so glad that Kaylee is enjoying Kindergarten. We need to get her Lainey together :)...

Whitney said...

I've been waiting for an update! I'm glad Kaylee is having a great year!

Lisa Renee said...

Sounds like you have a smart and sweet little girl there! I like their little matching dresses, very cute!

Traci said...

I am so proud of Kaylee! I can totally believe that she won Good Citizenship. You have a very smart, polite, respectful, beautiful little girl! I just love her to death!!