
Well today is an exciting day at our house!! Kaylee got in the car after school today and said I have something very important to show you. This is not unusual because every note sent home by the teacher is important to my sweet girl. I said okay and she handed me a Ziploc bag with a little red treasure chest in it. On the outside the teacher had written, "Kaylee lost her first tooth today after lunch!". I could not believe it. We knew the tooth was loose but I had no idea it was that close to coming out. My big girl really is growing up! One tooth down, how many more to go? I have to admit I was a little sad for a moment that I had missed the fun. I would have loved to see her face when the tooth fell out at lunch. What a special day! I suppose we will have to see what the tooth fairy leaves her tonight:) She could not wait to take a picture of her missing tooth. After I showed the picture to her she said, "Well I am still cute." Yes, you certainly are my sweet princess:-)
16 comments:
Congratulations, Kaylee!!! How exciting. It's such a rite of passage to be losing teeth now! They're growing up so fast.
I also saw your other blogs---I'm glad Campbell is feeling better and that you have found so many wonderful ways to "fill your cup" with friends and Christian women. That is so important and so fun!!!
Aww. I have to admit that I would be a little sad too if I missed the first tooth. It is so hard to see my kids grow up, but really neat at the same time. Kaylee couldn't be cuter if she tried!! Even with a missing tooth. There is something about those pictures with missing teeth that is just precious to me.
Yea Kaylee!! She looks SO cute!! We are so proud of her!! Kylie loved looking at her picture.
Thank you for your sweet words today. You are truly a great friend and I love you!!
This story, especially Kaylee's comment about still being cute cracked me up! She is precious.
Yes, Kaylee, you are still very cute!
I can't wait to hear what the tooth fairy brought her!
That is so cool! She looks darling! I am so glad that they made it special at school. Anna has not lost one yet, maybe I need to check her teeth!!
Congratulations, Kaylee! And, yes, she is still extremely precious!!
Wow - what a big day - for both of you! You sound super busy! I guess we all are, but I'm glad we're making time to pray together. See you next week (if not before)
She looks so cute with her missing tooth! And she looks really grown up too...how is it that losing a tooth makes them grow up in a matter of seconds?
Glad to read all of your updates!
I can't believe Kaylee has lost her first tooth! She is getting way too big... and she looks adorable!!!
I loved catching up on your blog.... and was very encouraged with your comments about finally making good friends. I worry about that too- so it makes me feel encouraged to know your adjustment time is coming to an end. :)
How exciting for her! Yes, she is still cute!
Oh my goodness! Is it already time for our girls to start losing teeth? Maybe she'll lose her front two teeth by Christmas so she can sing "All I want for Christmas is my front teef". I guess I better figure out what the going rate is for a tooth these days before we start losing our teeth!
All the stages of life are so fun to celebrate! Congrats Kaylee on losing your first tooth :) You look adorable...
MaKieley lost her first tooth at school 2 years ag0 (lunch time too!)! I remember feeling a little sad too! I was pregnant at the time so I thought it was just hormones! I am so glad to know it was not and that it was a normal "Mom" feeling! I am so glad Kaylee was able to find her tooth when it fell out! MaKieley's got swept up and thrown out I guess!
Love to you all!
I'm waiting for your Kohl's blog...
BIG GIRL!
I love her haircut too!
Post a Comment