Image Map

July 24, 2008

July is Jumping!

I cannot believe that I have not blogged all month! What have we been doing? Jumping all over the place it seems.

Well I started off July with the girls spending some time in Waco so I could get a few things done around the house. The main thing on the agenda was to get Campbell's room converted to a Big Girl Room finally. Since her crib converted to a full size bed all we needed were bedding and matresses. Then a few little decorative touches.
Here is the finished product. I thought that it turned out great. More importantly Campbell loves her new big girl room. I do not know which was the better find for the room though. The cute pink nightstand for $30 or the beautiful painted letters for $13 a piece that a very talented lady painted for me from eBay. (Her name is Erica but I assure you it is not me...I wish I had her gift.) I am just so happy to have this transition behind us with no difficulties.












Of course we could not change one daughter's room without doing a little something for the other so here are Kaylee's letters and after months of searching a cute rug that has primary colors but actually has flowers and is for a girl:) Yeah! If you have ever tried to decorate a girls room with primary colors then you know the challenge. Kaylee has always been drawn to the brighter colors so I am glad we finally achieved a girly room with the colors she loves.



Letters thanks to the talented lady on eBay.













Flower pillow thanks to IKEA.











And finally thank you to The Land of Nod for the rug.






After all the decorating it is nice to just sit back and enjoy so we have had a lot of days like these...


























Kaylee also enjoyed a fun week of camp at ACU's Kidquest. Each day she came home talking about all the fun she had and each night she was eager to go to bed so the next day would come more quickly. The only pictures we got were of her performing on the last day to show all the parents what they had been doing all week. She is already talking about attending again next year. I am so glad that she had the opportunity to enjoy a Spirit filled week of celebrating our God and making some new friends as well as reuniting with some old ones. I just cannot say enough about how wonderful this camp was organized and the staff was incredible!!

Now on to the most recent thing we have accomplished...pictures. We went last night to an incredible backyard here and Ashley took some wonderful pictures, click here to see the pictures of the girls. They both did so well at posing. I do not know how I will ever choose. If you live close or even if you do not Ashley is just precious and a wonderful photographer so check her out. Thank you again Ashley for blessing us with your talent!!
I think that about sums up July except us celebrating Cary's birthday which we loved. It is always wonderful to celebrate an amazing man!
We have also been enjoying the miracle of life out our back door. The picture on the left is from last Friday and the picture on the right is from today...just a week later. I am so glad that my babies did not grow up that fast even though it seems that way sometimes.





Life is good. I have just finished reading The Shack and The Same Kind of Different as Me. Both books were recommended by several of my friends and I have to say they were right. They were incredible! (If you want a chance to win your own copy of The Shack click on the link to my friend Tammy's blog below.) Keep the suggestions coming sweet friends. I am also enjoying a Sunday night Ladies Bible Study at church on a book called Discerning the Voice of God by Priscilla Shirer. Let's just say I am trying to learn to be still and listen to God more instead of being too busy to really hear God's word. I wanted to do this study because one of the most Godly women I know is leading it and just being with her is a gift. Thanks Tammy for leading me through such a wonderful study and always opening your heart for God and others.
I will try to post more in August when I am not trying to be still and listen:)

post signature






15 comments:

courtney said...

I love all the redecorating you did! Where in the world did you find that darling nightstand for $30??

The girls' pictures are precious, too!

The Walters' Family said...

Oh, thank you for such a sweet blog entry! It just made my day! Those pictures are gorgeous! Ashley is so talented!! She designed my blog. Also, they rooms are precious. I saved the women's website as a favorite to check out later.
love you,
Dot

Jennifer H. said...

I looked at your girl's pictures. Those are awesome! It makes me want to take a trip to Abilene and have my kids pictures made. Maybe I can work in sometime when I am there visiting my parents.

Great rooms for the girls!

ajphillips said...

Thanks for the blurb about me! That was very kind! I can't take all the credit because your girls did a very good job & that always makes it easy on me!

Kristen OQ said...

The room looks adorable!

And those books are both tops on my lists right now. I loved them both.

Whitney said...

The pictures are precious, as well as all the decorations for the girls rooms.

Yes, we do need to get together again. Campbell and Morgan played so well together, especially considering they both love babies so much. I can't believe they didn't fight over one! Just a sign that they're growing up! Maybe we'll call ya'll this week to come to our house or we could go to the bounce house.

Lindi said...

Okay, the rug was worth waiting for. I love it and the pillow too. I don't think I saw that last time. I really want those letters especially for abba ABC :) Love ya, Lindi & Crew

Unknown said...

Hey E -
Glad to see what you have been up to! Your room turned out great. Next week Mom & Dad are taking the girls to the farm in KY for three days so we can paint a nursery & get Anna & Abby into their "big girl" rooms too. I have never been in my own house without them, so I am looking forward to some quiet time! Oh - and 6 weeks till baby (no name yet). Love you!

Laura said...

The girls' pictures are all so beautiful. Good luck choosing!

Alyssa said...

Love the rooms and the beautiful pics! You are going to have a tough job choosing favorites.. .they are great! I loved those books too- they gave me lots to think about for sure!!!

Shelley said...

The girls' rooms look so CUTE! You did a great job on them. I also love their pictures that Ashley took. She does such a great job!

Nicole said...

I love the rooms...adorable! You're right, the letters were a great find. It's like they add a cherry on top of the sundae. I just love Ebay!

I looked at all of the pictures and they are great. I saw several that I loved. I really like the one of Campbell laying on Kaylee's back. Very sweet! Your girls have gorgeous hair...you have the best of both worlds, dark & thick and light & curly. Beautiful!

By the way, Emma would be over the moon if we had a nest of baby birds in our back yard. I'm sure I would never stop hearing about it. Your girls are lucky ducks!

Leah said...

Beautiful rooms!

Holly said...

I love all the pictures and catching up on your family! :)

Unknown said...

Hi Erica! I stopped by for a visit when I came upon your blog. I am also from Texas and actually on my 9th day in Harris Hospital reading The Shack as my husband is recuperating from Esophageal cancer surgery. What a great book. So one texas girl to another. Stop by sometime!

Paige