After getting dressed we were all off to McDonald's which was Kaylee's choosing for a good first day of school breakfast. All the employees made a big deal about it being her first day of school which made her giggle. Both girls chose the nutritious pancakes and sausage kids meal with milk. Neither one ate like they normally do. I think Kaylee was nervous about school and Campbell was still trying to wake up.
She did wake up enough to give this face before we left. I though the people beside us were going to hurt themselves laughing. (Our little comedian)
We arrived at school in time to take a few pictures before the school day started. This picture is of Kaylee and her sweet teacher "Mrs. T". I think Kaylee's teacher will be a perfect fit for her because she always seems to be smiling, is very up beat, and nurturing. She has a daughter Kaylee's age so she will understand all the crazy stuff they do and say too:) I have prayed for the past year to place her in the right teacher's class so I know that God is taking care of her.
Once Cary helped her get her backpack in her locker we took a few more pictures and left her in her classroom to start her day. She was grinning from ear to ear!
You will notice that Campbell had to take her backpack in the school too just like Kaylee. She looked so cute being such a little girl among all these big kids with backpacks. I think I did a better job preparing Campbell for Kaylee being left behind this year and she knows what to
SWEET SISTERS!
Kaylee,
Dad and I pray that you have the best year ever and you excel at whatever you try. We want you to know that even when we are not there with you God is and He will watch over you. May you meet many more new friends and be kind to all as you always are with your tender heart. Most of all may God guard your heart against words and actions that can sometimes be cruel when we are not there to protect you. We want you to grow in knowledge and in character throughout the year. May you be a blessing to all who meet you. You are our princess and we love you so much!
Love,
Dad & Mom

15 comments:
I do not think homework before the first day of school should be allowed, not fair at all! I hope Kaylee has a great week.
You have such a sweet little family! I can't believe Kaylee is in 1st grade, she looks precious. Michal Kate started PreK today and that is crazy to me.
Kaylee looks so big and has the cutest smile ever! I love that Campbell carried that backpack with her. You know how much I love Kaylee but Campbell stole my heart the other week! :)
Great pics of you and Cary, too!
How adorable can one child look?? She is TOO cute. I hope she had a wonderful day today. I think her teacher swam with us at Swim Club. She is SO nice. I hope her year is terrific!!
That pic of you and Kaylee, wow, you two look so much alike! I hope she has an awesome first grade year.
I love the pictures of your big 1st grader! I hope she has a great year at school!
so cute! kaylee looks so excited about first grade! i love that campbell wanted to take her backpack, too. funny!
I hope she had a wonderful day! I'm sure you got to hear all about it...Emma just clammed up and I barely got any info.
Loved seeing the pics of your vacation, and I loved getting to talk to you the other night. Sorry I was so pooped...actually, I think I'm still pooped! :-)
I hope Kaylee's first day of first grade went great! The pictures are too cute. :)
She's beautiful. :) 1st grade came SO fast. I know K did.
Tell Cary I'm disappointed he didn't wear Navy. :) Adorable Photos. I want that camera it takes great pictures.
I'm laughing at you and the girls color coordinated outfits! Ya'll all look great!
I always love looking at everybody's first day of school pics. Kaylee looks SO grown up! Wishing your sweet girl a wonderful year in first grade!
Erica, your girls are so precious. I hope she had a great first day!
So...we survived our first week of first grade!! (and I didn't get honked at during drop off or pick up:) Kaylee looked so cute in her first day outfit. Call me, we need to have lunch soon!
Post a Comment