Image Map

August 17, 2008

Mini-Vacation Day 3

Waking up the last day was a little bittersweet. It was sad to leave our private farm where we had encountered so many wonderful things. The only thing that got the girls to leave with no tears was the promise of a circus waiting for us in Ft. Worth. After having a quick breakfast we all went to feed the animals one more time and say a final goodbye to the geese, goats, sheep, rooster, hens, cat (Peanut), and of course our favorites Gracie and Grayson (the horses) we were off.
















The drive to Ft. Worth was only a little over an hour so it went by very quickly. I think the longest part was Cary trying to find a parking space in downtown Ft.Worth on a Friday morning. Luckily he let us off at the Convention Center so we could get to our seats. Let's just say we had taken a bathroom break, gotten popcorn, drinks, cotton candy, and clown hats long before Cary ever entered the building. He only missed the first 15 minutes which I suppose was not too bad. Campbell had never been to a Ringling Bros. Circus so I was very excited to see what she thought of it. She loved it! There was so much action going on that she did not even move much. Kaylee of course loved it too because she remembers going before so she knew what to expect. From the moment we hit the door Kaylee was looking for Bello the Clown. Speaking of clowns, here are my two cute clowns. They both have really enjoyed these hats. The circus was wonderful and always makes you feel like a kid again no matter what your age. This is one of those things that I always look forward to as a parent...the magic of the circus.







On the way to the car we walked by the Ft. Worth Water Gardens so we took another opportunity for a picture of our precious girls.
Then we went to the Purple Cow for a bite to eat before making the trip back to Abilene. The girls were so quiet on the way home so I know that meant they had a great vacation and so did Cary and I. We are definitely looking forward to going back to the Country Woods again, maybe in the Spring. This vacation was a true gift to each of us and I look forward to many years of family vacations in the future.



post signature

2 comments:

Candice said...

It's so special to get away together just as a family. Looks like you had a great time.

GPaty said...

I loved reading about all of your adventures! The girls looked like they had a great time. I'm so glad yall were able to get away together.