Image Map

October 12, 2009

Projects, Projects, and more Projects

There have been a lot of things going on at our house since school started this year.

Second grade is keeping me on my toes. There have been a lot of projects for Kaylee to do with some parental help involved. One week we had to make salt dough to send to school for Kaylee to make a diorama of hills, valleys, plateaus, and who knows what else.

The next week we had to make a boat at home out of items you would find around the house. The only stipulations were that it had to float and had to be painted with red, white, and blue. Of course, the boat was due the week Cary and I went out of town from Saturday till Wednesday night late so thankfully Papa helped her idea come to reality. When we returned home I purchased paint and helped Kaylee complete the boat before it was due on Friday morning.
She was so proud of her boat and so were we!

The next week Kaylee had to take a camera and photograph 12 things that she thought were interesting. I thought that was hilarious! Have you ever seen what a second grader finds interesting? Here is a sample of the top three...





Kaylee's goldfish.







One of her snowglobes in her collection. Each time Cary or I travel we bring her back a snowglobe from that
place.




Books









Just when I thought I was getting a break from projects Campbell brought home Corduroy from her Pre-K class to have for the weekend. She was so excited to be the first one in her class to bring him home. Luckily for her we had a busy weekend planned so she got to take Corduroy a lot of places. We got to journal all of our adventures and take pictures too.



Campbell with Corduroy at the Balloon Festival! I worked a three hour shift that morning so Campbell and Corduroy came along to keep me company.






Campbell with Corduroy at Ballet class. (I could not get this picture to post correctly so just tilt your head.)

Corduroy also went with us to get my flu shot at Walgreens, to the Wylie football game, and Target of course;-) I think he was probably ready for school on Tuesday so he could get a break.


We have had a fairly quiet week so I am sure there will be some more projects coming home soon;-) Do not get me wrong, I am not complaining about the projects because I love that my girls are getting to experience a lot of hands-on things. I just wish there had been a week in between a few of Kaylee's;-)

2 comments:

courtney said...

whew!! fortunately, we haven't had any big projects so far this year in 2nd grade!

landry LOVES snow globes, too. we also bring her a snow globe from wherever we travel. she loves to collect them. our cleaning lady accidentally broke the one we brought her from paris last year and she (landry) was devastated!!

Tracey said...

Your sweet girls are so lucky to have a mommy who will help them with all their fun projects!