Image Map

January 6, 2010

Oliver

Sweet Oliver is adjusting to life around our house quite nicely. I would definitely say we are all enjoying his presence. He seems to be really smart so far and lets us know most of the time when he needs to go outside. I think that is pretty remarkable for an 8 week old puppy. It is a lot like having a baby though. He has to be watched or he will get into something that he should not. His favorite thing to do is chew on the corner of the rug in the den which is a big "no no!" Oliver does not like to be left alone and he prefers to cuddle with someone or on a comfy blanket.
Kaylee is still "over the moon" about having a puppy. She has been so responsible with him and really does love him. He was definitely the biggest surprise that she has had so far in her life. After bringing home books about puppies each week from the library for two years we finally caved. Seeing the look on her face when she got him is something I will never forget and I do not think that she will either.
Several friends have asked where the name Oliver came from. Evidently several places. A friend texted me with the suggestion but I did not remember that because we discussed names for what seem like hours. I wanted Murphy or Winston. Cary was going down the Rangers roster looking for names and of course there is a Darren Oliver on the Rangers. When I suggested the name I was thinking of the Disney movie Oliver and Company. For whatever reason we all agreed on Oliver.

Campbell loves to carry him around like this picture. Often times I will find him in her room with doll clothes on or laying in her bed while she reads him a book. She is very gentle with him and he does not run when he sees her coming so I think that is a good sign;-)

Welcome to the family Oliver!!

No comments: