Image Map

April 15, 2011

Wylie Kindergarten Easter Egg Hunt


Well the fun day for kindergartners at Wylie finally arrived, the Easter Egg Hunt at a local park and play day. Campbell was so excited all week to be able to hunt eggs with her sweet friends. It made it even better this year that daddy had Good Friday off so both of us could be there to enjoy the festivities.
After getting there at 8:30am to help spread the eggs around the children arrived at 9:10am and were ready to begin.
Once the teachers took some time to line up the 12 different classes they were off and running to get their 12 eggs each. I will have to say I think the hunt was over in about 5 minutes, sooner for some;-) Look at these happy faces and can you tell that the wind was gusting. Just look at Campbell's hair.
All of the children immediately dropped off their baskets at their teacher's area and began to play. It was so much fun to watch all of them interacting with their friends and having such a great time.
Next up was a picnic lunch with their class. It was so funny to hear the conversations that they have at lunch. After this my friend Kelly and I had eaten enough dirt thanks to the wind so we bribed our daughters into going to Red Robin for a treat instead of staying another hour or so. It was a great end to a wonderful afternoon. I have to say that in the end I was a little sad to never be experiencing this tradition again since my baby is done.


No comments: