Image Map

December 10, 2012

NYC at Christmas with my Sweetie

 Well, my wonderful husband got invited to a seminar in New York City so believe you me I packed my bags very quickly to tag along for the fun. I make it a point never to pass up a trip to NYC! I booked a few reservations before we left but mainly decided to try to hit some spots I had been on the girls' trip and some we had never been to before. After checking into the hotel and Cary attending an evening reception we headed out for a little sight seeing. It is the city that never sleeps.
 Our first stop was Serendipity to have a bite to eat but most importantly try the frozen hot chocolate. I suppose the third time was the charm for me since I finally made it inside on my third trip to NYC. Let me just say that the frozen hot chocolate was well worth the wait. I think it is one of the best things I have ever tasted. 
 Me posing with the amazing menu. So many choices and so little time. After such a delicious meal we headed back to the hotel to get some rest.
 On Friday Cary was in his meetings all day so I wandered magically around the city. We were only a block over from the shopping on 5th Avenue so my day went great.
 That evening we enjoyed dinner at Park Avenue-Winter before heading to see Jersey Boys. The meal at this restaurant is worth the trip to NYC alone. If you ever go get the pork chop dish off the menu, it was amazing! The only down side to our evening was the 20+ blocks we walked after our meal to get to the theatre Evidently 7:30pm is a popular time for the cab drivers to switch from on duty to off duty and the new drivers are no where to be found. We will definitely remember that for next time and schedule a cab ahead of time. I guess on a positive not we walked off the calories from our dinner.
 As you can see we were all smiles after the show. Jersey Boys is definitely one to see if you ever have the chance. The music and notes the lead actor could reach were very impressive.
 On Saturday we went to Grand Central Station and ate at The Oyster Bar for lunch. The station is so pretty and bustling with activity.
 After lunch we walked to 5th Avenue and looked at some window displays on our way to Central Park. All the window displays were decorated so beautifully. Such talent!
 Central Park
 A little shopping/ looking at one of my favorite stores. Can you guess where I am?
 We saw this shirt in FAO Schwartz and could not resist the humor in it.
 The soldier at FAO Schwartz was in the mood for fun when we stopped by. He was such a friendly guy who you could tell enjoyed his job and the people he came in contact with.
 Rockefeller Center
On Saturday night we went to Macy's then to eat at my other favorite NYC place, The Mesa Grill. Bobby Flay never disappoints here. The sweet potato tamale that I remembered from my last trip was still just as delicious so my stomach was very happy.
Sunday morning we packed our bags and left the Waldorf -Astoria after grabbing some authentic NY pizza and fitting in a little more shopping. I always hate to leave this magical place, hopefully we will return again soon. Two trips alone with my husband in a month was so nice. I cannot wait to take a trip again...unfortunately that may be a while.

No comments: