Image Map

November 14, 2015

Boston 2015

Every year I have the pleasure of accompanying Cary to the Charles Schwab conference. This is usually our only trip we take just the two of us so it is always a treat. One of the best things is the location is decided for us so we do not have to try to figure out where to go. I had never been to Boston so I was very excited for this trip. 
Campbell's volleyball team played in the City Tournament before we left for Boston, I was so thankful we did not have to miss it.
We stayed at a historical hotel in Boston called the Fairmont Copley Plaza which was gorgeous in the lobby. I loved all of the detailing which you can see from this picture. I could have sat in the lobby with coffee all day and just taken in the view.
Just a few historical buildings that I thought were beautiful.

This bronze statue of George Washington is found in the Public Garden. It was placed here on July 3, 1869. That is amazing to me!
A picture of using the Public Garden. We were there on a Sunday afternoon so it was fun to see they way the people who live there flock to the park to enjoy the day in many different ways and of various ages. It gave me a feel for the people of Boston.

We had so much fun learning more about Boston on a walking tour of The Freedom Trail with this guide who assumed the identity of someone from the period she was dressed to represent.
Massachusetts State House
Granary Burying Ground


The Old North Church
The Old State House
After all of that walking we decided to get a bite to eat at Cheers...unfortunately or fortunately everyone did not know our name.


The original Cheers from the television show.
We decided to take in a show one night and we were lucky enough to catch Blue Man Group which we had never seen before. The show was very entertaining and it took place in a small theatre so every seat was a great one.

On our way to dinner we found the Paul Revere House. When in Boston we decided every street has some historical significance which is overwhelming to the brain but also fascinating.
We also found this wonderful Italian restaurant thanks to the recommendation of a friend...it was delicious. I would say it was the best meal of the whole trip.
Another tourist must was to go to Tea Party Museum in Boston Harbor. 


You have to love a tour guide in character.
While Cary was in his conference I enjoyed some shopping near the hotel. Lucky for me there was an indoor mall for the day it was raining and an outdoor area for the sunny days.

We also managed to get some cannoli from Mike's Pastry which we were told was the best...I am not a cannoli connoisseur so you will just have to try it for yourself when you go to Boston. I did find it to be very tasty.
It was another wonderful trip filled with lots of laughs, lots of history, and lots of one on one time with my favorite guy. What more could a girl ask for?

No comments: