Image Map

November 27, 2015

Happy 14th Birthday Kaylee!


 How did this happen? The question I ask myself every time that we celebrate a Birthday around here. The time continues to pass by no matter how hard I try to stop it or at least make it slow down. Well it happened again, Kaylee turned another year older and a little closer to driving and dating...I am definitely not ready for all of that. Good thing we have 2 more years!
Kaylee is nothing but pure joy! She radiates a gentle spirit that loves to laugh, loves the Lord, and loves her friends and family. She gives 110% to every thing that she does whether it be sports, school, or relationships with others. She is mature beyond her years and is always ready to embrace adventure. I just love her heart and am so thankful that the Lord let us be her parents...what a blessing.
 if you live in Texas then you know that the only ice cream worth eating is Blue Bell. Well unfortunately there was a shutdown in production for several months due to an outbreak at one of their facilities of a virus. This was especially sad to Kaylee and Cary. Kaylee found out that they were going into production again and the first shipment would be coming to some stores around her birthday. So a few days before her birthday she mentioned that she would like to have some Blue Bell as one of her presents. Unfortunately, Abilene was not getting their first shipment until after Kaylee's birthday. Little did she know that I had talked to my friend Amanda who is an amazing caterer and she had an extra gallon of Blue Bell in her possession that she had traveled to a different town to get. She put it aside for me and I took Kaylee with me to pick it up a little before her birthday. You would have thought I had gotten her the Hope Diamond. She was so excited and could not stop saying "Thank you for loving me so much Mom!"while grinning from ear to ear.

I just love celebrating this precious girl! She has definitely made being a mom greater than I could have ever imagined.

No comments: