Image Map

February 2, 2006

Until Next Year...

Well my birthday came and went with a few nice surprises. My morning started with my husband bringing me breakfast in bed.(surprise #1) Then I had Campbell sitting in the bed with me eating some bread (just small pieces) and she said her first word which was "Momma"! (surprise #2) Cary was my witness to this event so I know that I did not imagine it. She even repeated the word. I am so proud of her! Then my sweet friends Honey, Amy, and Heather called to wish me a "Happy Birthday". Next I spent the day doing laundry so that everything would be clean for my wonderful trip this weekend. Kaylee and I did enjoy a little one-on-one time while Campbell was asleep. Then while the girls were napping I got ready to go out on a dinner date with my sweet husband. (Thank you again to the Mayos for babysitting for us so we could have a free evening together.) On the way to dinner Cary gave me my present which was a new watch to wear on days when I am a little more dresses up. We had a great time at dinner and actually got to have a little adult conversation. The night ended with a sweet call from my friend Kathy in Tennessee. All in all it was a good birthday.

However, I think my best present is coming today when Cary is coming home from work a little early so I can go to Dallas for the Ladies Retreat. Kaylee is very excited about a weekend alone with Daddy...the jury is still out on Campbell because she is quite a Momma's girl. I do not think anyone is more excited than me though:) I have not seen my girlfriends since we moved which was over a month ago. What could not be fun about a Ladies Retreat, a child free weekend, shopping in Canton, and catching up with friends??? Well I am off to pack!!! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend...I know I will.

2 comments:

Amber Smith said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday. I am so jealous that you are going to the Ladies' Retreat. I hope you have a great time. Give everyone hugs for me.

Traci said...

Hey...I sent you a birthday ecard. I think that was worth mentioning!