Image Map

September 14, 2006

Kaylee's thoughts...

My oldest daughter has come up with some funny things lately. I just wanted to record them before I forgot. Here are a few of my favorites:

* While riding in the car with Daddy. Kaylee,"Did you know that the moon is God's eyeball?" Daddy, "No, why do you say that?" Kaylee (in a very matter a fact tone), "Well he is watching over us even at night so the moon is his eyeball looking at us and watching over us." Daddy, "Where did you hear that?" Kaylee, "I just know."

* In the car on the way to church. Kaylee, "Did you know God talks to you in your head?" Mommy, "Really, who told you that?" Kaylee, "I just know because he talks to me all the time." Mommy, "Good to know."

* Talking about friends at school. Kaylee, "Mommy you know my very best friends Parker and Chloe?" Mommy, "Yes, Kaylee I do. Why are they your very best friends?" Kaylee, "Because they are mature like me." Mommy, "What does mature me?" Kaylee, "It means that you act older than you are, you know that."

* Kaylee came home from school on Tuesday saying, "My teacher said I am as smart as a cookie." The teacher has already told me that Kaylee keeps her on her toes at all times. What teacher Karen actually said was that Kaylee was "one smart cookie" because she knew how to spell a few words in class. Too funny:)

* Today at chapel one of Kaylee's friends was asked to lead her favorite song. Her friend was not singing loudly or where anyone could understand the song she was singing. Mrs. Becky asked if anyone could help the friend lead the song and of course Kaylee rose her hand since she loves to sing all the time. Mrs. Becky said, "Kaylee why don't you help your friend sing her song, you can start it for us?" Since no one understood what the little girl was singing including Kaylee, she said, "I think she should start the song since it is her song." (My daughter already knows how to get herself out of a sticky situation:)

6 comments:

Dana said...

I was having this really bad evening, and Kaylee made me laugh really hard. Give her a big hug, better yet, I will do it myself Sunday night. R

elizabeth said...

She sounds so much like Matthew. I love those talkative, deep, "mature", kids!

leslie said...

I love those kind of conversations! Missed you at soccer practice! See you soon...

Traci said...

So cute! That Kaylee IS one smart cookie. I am worried about her not wanting to have immature friends, tho!! :)

Hope you and your family are doing well. I miss not talking to you everyday, you working woman!!

Kristen OQ said...

I love blogs like this -- some days it just seems like everything that comes out of their mouth is funny!

Thanks for sharing her mature conversations with us.

Anne said...

She cracks me up! I love conversations with my daughter, as I know you love them with Kaylee. They are always teaching us something new!