Kaylee's favorite part of the parade was the Big Purple Band. Too funny:)As you can see from the pictures both girls were very comfortable with their spots. The parade ended up lasting for an hour and a half. I was quite surprised since I was expecting a 45 minute parade.

Both the girls did great! After the parade we went to Sharon's BBQ to pick up lunch and the proofs from the girls pictures I had gotten taken the day before. (I will post those when I have time to scan them in.) They turned out great though:)
Once everyone had rested a little we loaded up again and headed to ACU for the final 150th Birthday Celebration for ACU. They had a precious carnival for the kids to enjoy. Of course Kaylee's favorite was the games where she could win a prize. It is amazing how much joy a ten cent prize can bring to a four year old girl. Next came the brief speach from Dr. Money and then time for the cake. They had several hundred purple cupcakes for everyone to enjoy. Of course we all had purple frosting on us by the time we were done. I was so excited that Kaylee let me take a picture of her with Willie the Wildcat.

(I am sure that most of my friends remember her aversion to any kind of dressed up animal. She still does not like Chuck E. Cheese) Anyway if she ever decides to go to ACU one day I thought this picture would be fun to have around. After a little more playing and a brief trip to the bookstore we were loaded up and heading towards the house again. We got there just in time for Cary and I to change and be out the door again. We actually had a date night:) We went to Lytle Land & Cattle for a delicious steak dinner then to the Paramount for the ACU musiacl. It was so much fun!! I love the Paramount theatre and downtown Abilene at night. It takes me back to college.
Sunday we went to church and celebrated my Dad's birthday. We even went to Rosa's for lunch which was great! Once we arrived home Dad opened his gift and they headed back home while we all headed for the bed for a nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment