On Friday night Cary and I took the girls to the Alumni Carnival up at ACU. There were lots of inflatables along with games, food, and music. The girls were decked out in their ACU shirts and looked so cute.
It was good to catch up with some friends we have not seen in a while along with friends we see more often and watch our children play together. Kaylee had the best time with Kaitlyn and Ethan,who is her boyfriend of the week.
They even played laser tag together in a space ship inflatable. I would have loved to see what went on in there. She came back with 40,000 points so who knows what went on. She also tried to climb the rock wall with Ethan. Unfortunately she was a little too small to complete the wall but is ready to try again next year. Campbell got to meet Presley and a few other friends. She was just happy hanging out. After we left the Carnival it was time for the Grubbs to arrive at our home for the weekend. It was good to talk and catch up before bedtime.
Saturday was a slow morning for most of us because Cary was the only one to get up and go to his club breakfast. Once we got moving it was time to go to the ACU Homecoming Parade around campus. 
Kaylee was so excited about our guestes, as she calls them, to come with us. She also was excited about the Big Purple Band playing in the parade. It was so much fun to see her watch all the floats too. Galaxy and Siggies did a good job on their floats we thought. Campbell flirted with her friend Ryan a little at the parade and gave Amy some love too. It was good to see soem more friends and catch up again too. Once the parade was over we went home to fix lunch instead of trying to fight the crowds at a restaurant. Cary cooked steaks while the kids played.

Kaylee had a lot of fun driving Wyatt around in the jeep along with a lot of other backyard fun. We enjoyed just relaxing and visiting with the Grubbs.

Shortly after lunch I fixed some cookies for our precious friends the O'Rears to have when they came over. It was so nice to see them and look at how much the girls have changed. Kaylee had so much fun with Lauren. They even watched a little Mary Poppins together which Alyssa and I agreed was one of our favorite movies growing up. It was good to laugh together and catch up a little but as is true with all good friends you wish there had been just a little more time. Later that evening we put all the kids to bed and found some time to play spades and do a lot of laughing with Chris and Holly. Another great end to a great day.
Sunday we all went to church together before the Grubbs headed home. We managed to catch up with the Jacobs briefly in class then were off to lunch. After lunch with the Connallys we returned to an empty house wishing that we just had a few more moments together with the Grubbs. We are already looking forward to seeing them again soon.
All in all it was better than we had even thought. ACU has given us so many wonderful friends old and new. The bond to ACU is something that can only be experienced, not explained. "O Dear Christian college we love you..." We are already looking forward to good times next year.
10 comments:
Sounds perfect! Isn't it less stressful to live in Abilene during Homecoming than have to travel? I had a great weekend at home also -- didn't see as many people as usual, but had good times with the ones that I did see.
It certainly is hard to explain the "ACU difference" isn't it? My friends who have basically lived here for their whole lives just can't understand why I would have "left home" to go all the way to ACU. I sure am glad I did!
Looks like y'all had a great weekend! You have adorable little wildcats!
I'm glad you had a fun weekend with the Grubbies. It must be nice to live in Abilene during Homecoming weekend. This was our first year not to go to Homecoming in six years. I didn't think I would miss it, but I'm definitely sorry I didn't go.
We had a blast! Thanks for being so hospitable! You helped to make our weekend special! Hugs-
I can't believe that we were at all the same events all weekend (except that I actually WOKE UP for Siggie breakfast too!) and didn't manage to see you ONCE until church on Sunday!
I'm glad to see all of your cute pictures though....could your girls look any CUTER in all of their fun ACU gear?! I'm so glad you had a great weekend with friends. And, we agree, that every time we're back, we're completely overwhelmed by the ACU difference that we are still blessed by in countless friendships.
Someday, I hope all of our many kids are experiencing it together too!!
I am so glad that it worked out for us to get to see you guys. Thanks for letting us come see your wonderful new home. The girls had so much fun.. and now I have a better "picture" in my mind of what your new world is like :)
The ACU difference is so amazing- I am so thankful for the friends who are really family that is has brought into my life.
That looks like so much fun! I am getting excited about seeing you this weekend and Kylie is over the moon!
Your girls are beautiful and I love their matching ACU shirts. I wish Arkansas had cute shirts like those!
Campbell is growing too fast. I love her smile! Kaylee looks so tall and is just the cutest thing! Lucky you!!
Looks like a fun time. It makes me kind of sad that it is just not convenient for us to go to Homecoming anymore. It's been a long time since we've made it to Abilene. Very special memories there! It must be fun to live there when everyone comes back to visit!
So sweet! What great pictures. I am so glad Alyssa's family got to come!
Your girls are changing so much!
Post a Comment