Image Map

October 3, 2006

A Super Weekend!!

We had a Super weekend!! I just love a weekend that is packed full of fun times for the whole family.

On Friday afternoon my parents and grandfather came to visit. The girls were both very excited to have them here. Of course who wouldn't enjoy eating at Burger King and getting presents for no reason at all. I also found My Dad and the girls all playing a game together including Campbell. It was a priceless image that I will treasure forever. My Mom and I went shopping at Steinmart and I found some really cute things. (Thanks Mom and Dad.) Cary and I managed to get a little spoiled too,thanks to some great babysitters. We actually went to a movie on the first night it was released. The last time that happened we were without children. I highly recommend The Guardian, it is a little predictable but very good. I am definitely going to have to buy it when it comes out on DVD. That is all I am going to say so that I do not ruin it for anyone:) It was so good to have an actual date with my husband, I felt like a teenager all over again.

Saturday we all got ready for the big soccer game. I can tell that Kaylee is not as into the game as she was last year. Here are the big clues; she is more concerned with her shoes than the game, she skips everywhere, and when the ball is at her feet she could care less about kicking it. There is no pro soccer playing in her future. That's okay though, I mainly just want her to be exposed to different activities until she finds something she loves. After soccer Dad, PaPaw, Cary, and I went to a fish fry in town while Mom stayed home with the girls so Campbell could nap. The fish was great and the entertainment was fun. The family left around 4:00pm and we rested before the party. A little later we went to Andie's Birthday Party. Kaylee and Campbell had so much fun! Kaylee was having so much fun she did not even stop to eat.
Campbell on the other hand ate everything in sight. Who knew that my sweet baby liked corn on the cob? Well we do now. She spent quite a while sitting in the playhouse eating away on her corn cob even after most of the corn was gone:) Too funny!

Sunday was Celebration Day at our church. Everyone is suppose to invite their neighbors and wear casual clothes to church for the festivities afterwards. There was a lot to do during the celebration. We ate free hotdogs and hamburgers along with some delicious cookies. There were train rides in a barrel car, horse rides, and an inflatable bounce house and slide. The best part was the dunking booth. The elders and ministers took turns sitting in the dunking booth while people paid for balls to throw. Talk about some good sports. All the money raised went to the Children's Ministry. I walked away knowing that these men really love our kids to put themselves out there like that. Afterwards we went home to rest before Shepherding Group that night. Talk about four tired people, that was us after finally getting home to stay. You cannot beat a weekend full of family, fun, and friends:)

8 comments:

Amber Smith said...

I can't get over how old Campbell looks! She is really growing up!

I think most of the little kids on Mary Alice's soccer team are mainly just concerned with their shoes and hairbows. At least we know they're girly girls.

Jenni said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Dana said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! You are great at documenting this stuff. I wish I could be as good!

Kristen OQ said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! I played t-ball one fall when I was about 5. My Dad said he came to practice and saw me playing in outfield, spinning around and making dandelion necklaces. That was my last tball practice...dance class started up the next week!

I, too, can't believe how old Campbell is looking. What a cutie!

Traci said...

Wow, your girls are getting so big! They are still just as cute as ever and these pictures really made me miss yall.

I love the photo of your dad sitting with the girls as well.

I hope you have a great weekend! Is Niki coming to see you? I better get my date on the calendar!

Alyssa said...

I also love the picture of your dad... but i am sucker for Daddies and little girls! Most of your girls are so cute and getting so big! Glad you had a fun weekend :)

Nicole said...

I am a week behind, but I'm so glad to read an update on your family and see new pictures! We miss you!!!

Ashley said...

I am glad you had a good weekend. Your girls are so precious. I can't beleive they are so grown up