Image Map

December 4, 2006

First Snow, Birthday Party, & a Little Marriage Enrichment

Last Thursday morning we got our first snow since we have been here and our first school snow day! Kaylee was so excited to see a blanket of snow on the ground. (*even though it was a very thin blanket) As soon as Campbell went down for a morning nap Kaylee and I enjoyed some fun in the snow. Our minature snowman was pretty cute. The funniest thing happened when I came inside to start lunch. Kaylee came runnning in the house saying that she was not doing it right. I asked what that meant and she replied with a "snow angel". I had to then explain that there was not enough snow in the grass for a "snow angel" but that maybe it would snow again soon and then she could make one. Too funny. Here are my little snow bunnies. Campbell just went outside for a minute to see her First snow because she had been fighting a bad cough all week and I did not want it to get worse. All in all it was a day full of good memories, hot chocolate, and fun.


On Friday we all bundled up and ran some errands before the Big 5th Birthday Party! Kaylee was so excited to finally be on the day of her party.
We decided to have it at the Gymnastics Sports Center so she could ask all the friends on her list.(I think there were 30 total at the party.) My sweet friend Lindi made some precious cupcakes which were delicious. Kaylee could not wait to get busy playing with her friends. Her favorite thing was to just run around from area to area. All the children seemed to have a super time. They even wanted to help Kaylee open all her gifts. It was cute to see how excited they got when she opened their gift. So sweet!
Campbell just liked being able to go in the big kid area for a change since normally she just gets to watch Kaylee. The trampoline was definitely her favorite because she would jump and fall on her bottom then laugh out loud.
After all the fun had come to an end we returned home for a few more gifts from family and to celebrate my grandfather's birthday which had been the day before. Then Cary and I were off.

We decided to go to The Marriage Enrichment Seminar given by Dr. Carl Brecheen and Dr. Paul Faulkner for 32 years now. This had been on my list of things for us to do since we got married. For one reason or another we had not been able to attend till now. This past weekend was there last one and it was here. It was such a well spent weekend. They had so many words of wisdom, encouragement, and love to pass on. It was nice to see such a variety of ages there. The couple we sat next to most of the weekend has been married 50 Years. I hope that we are still refreshing our marriage when we have been married that long. We walked away from the dinner Saturday night feeling very blessed for being able to be with such amazing examples of Godly couples in Godly marriages.

Much thanks to my parents and Grandfather for taking such good care of the girls while we went:) They made a gingerbread house, played games, watched movies, learned to play the harmonica, and Dad got to put together the Barbie Dream House they bought Kaylee for her Birthday. (I am sure that was fun with two girls up under him.) We have all had fun playing with it though.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend too!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Erica - Your sweet girls are getting so big! I bet they were thrilled by the snow! MaKieley was! One of the pictures we took of her in it was even on the news! We had enough snow to make several snow angels! I wish Kaylee could have been here and made one! I'm sure she would have loved it just as much as MaKieley did! You will have to check out the pictures of MaKieley's snow angel on our blog!
Please tell Kaylee we said happy birthday! (even though I'm sure she does not remember us)
I'm so glad you got a chance to enrich your marriage! John and I attended one of their seminars and it was great! We loved it!
Our love to you, Cary and the girls!
John, Sarah, MaKieley and Marley

Amber Smith said...

That marriage enrichment seminar sounds like so much fun. Faulkner and Brecheen, who could ask for better teachers? Awesome! We need to do something like that.

The gymnastics birthday party sounds like so much fun. Mary Alice went to one at a gymnastics place a few months ago and still talks about how it was the funnest birthday party ever!

Glad you had a fun hot chocolatey, snow angel making, play outside with the kids kindof day. Those are the best!

AbbieCRAZY said...

I'm laughing that Kaylee has a bow in her hair to play in the tiny bit of snow!

Anonymous said...

Natalie has only been to the gymnastics sports center twice, but she thinks it is absolutely the MOST FUN EVER! And I like it too...she comes home exhausted and ready for a good nap, and you know how hard it can be to get her to nap ! :)

I'm glad Kaylee had a great birthday!