Image Map

December 11, 2006

It's the Bis, Busiest Time of the Year...

This past weekend we tried to pack it all in and live every moment to the fullest.

Friday night we had some sweet friends over for dinner. Our children had so much fun playing and we loved having a little adult conversation. There was a lot of laughing too. It was a wonderful start to the weekend.

Saturday I picked up the proofs from our Christmas picture. (the reason none of you have cards yet:) After returning home to get a few opinions on the best one for our cards I returned to the Photo Imaging Center to order them. I did return home briefly to pick Kaylee up for a Birthday party at the Skating Place. Once we got home Kaylee and Campbell took naps before going to the church that night for some babysitting so Mommy and Daddy could go to our class Christmas party. We had so much fun at the Aldriedge's home for our party. Everyone brought their specialty for dinner and we feasted till we almost exploded. The laughs were a plenty too. We departed early so the girls (along with their parents) could get some rest before church the next day.

Sunday we went to church, I helped hostess a baby shower, and Cary took the girls to yet another Birthday Party at the Gymnastics Sports Center. By the time we left our small group that night there were a lot of tired people in the Beard house.

The week and weekend ahead hold even more events of the season. We are thankful for all of them:) Unlike my friends who seem to have it all together I still have some Christmas shopping to do also. I must plan ahead more next year:) Hope you are all enjoying the joys of the season.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like lots going on, but definitely a fun kind of busy! Hope your days are merry!

Holly said...

I haven't even started shopping! :) AHHHH!!! Only 5 days of school and then I'll think about it!

Kristen OQ said...

I still have a couple of gift to buy -- but they are waiting until after Kevin's family comes this weekend! Sounds like you are having a busy holiday already...

elizabeth said...

Erica-
I purposely don't do all my shopping before the Christmas season even begins. I love even leaving some for Christmas Eve! It adds to the excitement for me!

When I have done it all early, I either forgot some things that I had stashed away or found something I liked better for someone after I had wrapped their present.

Plus, it is only the 13th. You have LOTS of time to get it all done. It somehow always seems to be done by the 24th, doesn't it?