Image Map

December 18, 2006

Where have the past 18 Months gone?



Well I cannot believe it but my sweet baby is 18 months old! Where has the time gone? Why do I still ponder that question daily? Must they all grow up so quickly? Today at the doctor she was 26.4 lbs and 331/2 inches tall. There are so many fun things that Campbell is doing right now, but I will not bore you with all of them so here are my Top 10:)

1. The jabbering has turned into talking. I actually understand a lot of the words she is saying now. Some of her favorites are "bye-bye, Momma, Daddy, Kayeee, Santa, Amen, duck, dog, and go". If in the right mood she will repeat almost anything I say at least once.

2. She loves her Big Sister! The smiling does not stop when Kaylee plays with her. She cannot wait to be Big enough to do the things Kaylee does, but I can. When Kaylee tellls her "no" she even tells her "no" back with some more jabbering and finger shaking at her. In the end there is always a hug though.

3. She loves to talk about the parts of her body: eyes, ears, teeth, mouth, hair, nose, hands, feet, and tummy...especially the tummy which she shows us everytime with a big grin on her face.

4. Schedule should have been her middle name. As soon as she gets up in the morning and has a diaper change she is ready to eat. She runs to her chair and starts trying to climb into it. The same routine for dinner. At 6:oopm it is time for her to eat so you better be ready. When it is time for naps she goes and gets her "lovie" out of the bed and starts pointing for me to put her in it. we are still on a 2 nap a day schedule. Yeah!

5. The fork and spoon are her new favorite things. There is no helping this girl eat. The independent, "I can do it myself" attitude has already started. Poor Cary he has three of them in his house:)

6. When we pray together she loves to hold your hand, bow her head, and say "Amen" with a big smile when we are done.

7. That fourth tooth on the bottom finally popped through. She now has a total of 12 teeth including the big ones in the back. Through all of the teething she has remained happy so I hope that continues.

8. She loves her classes at school and church. I sometimes sneak a peek and see the singing and hand motions she does with all the songs. Too cute!

9. She loves to make animal sounds for the dog, cat, lion, bear, and duck. The duck is still her favorite animal though.

10. She loves to be cuddled:) It does not matter when, but her favorite times are when she wakes up from the night or a nap, when reading a book, before bedtime, and after a bath when she is still in her towel. I love that I was blessed with a baby who likes to cuddle this time.

Campbell is a pure joy. The way she runs to you with open arms or just smiles melts your heart. She has such a sweet way about her, most of the time:) I know in 6 more months she will have changed even more so I am going to try to hold on to today very tightly.

3 comments:

mcjacobsjournal said...

It really is amazing how fast all these kiddos are growing up! I can't believe Campbell is 18 months old!! She is so precious and I love reading about her little personality. Both of your girls are so sweet and I know they will be the best of friends. That is so wonderful!! :)

Holly said...

Just too cute. She is such a sweetie who has a wonderful mommy, daddy, and big sister! Hugs-

courtney said...

She is so cute--what a great smile! My "little" Korley who is 8 months old almost weighs as much as Campbell!! (She's 23 lbs!)