Image Map

March 18, 2007

Whew!!

Well the Big Day finally arrived today! I have been planning my friend Julie's Baby Shower for a few months and today was the day. I have planted lots of flowers, cleaned the house from top to bottom (including baseboards), completed the dining room, and semi-remolded two bathrooms. It was all worth it because the shower was a success and I had so much fun visiting with everyone who attended. Each of the hostesses were so creative in one area or another...it is amazing. Not to mention all of the cute baby girl gifts that I got to look at. (Denise made the cutest blanket.) We even got to have a semi celebration with my friend Kelly who as of today is off bedrest. The house was full of good friends, good food, and good times. Just the way I like it!

As I sit here typing with a clean house I am looking forward to a week of having fun with the girls and being back in our normal routine. We did enjoy our Spring Break with some spoiling in Waco for a few days though. Thanks again Nana and Papa for all the goodies:) I will try to post pictures this week of the two redone bathrooms. Hope you all had good weekends.

* I almost forgot I have to add one funny Kaylee story from the weekend. On Saturday we were leaving the house to go to a Birthday party for Campbell's boyfriend. As we were backing out of the driveway Kaylee glanced over at our neighbor's house. She and a friend of hers were working in the yard with bikini tops on and the 80's short shorts. (Our neighbor is probably in her early forties.) Kaylee says, "What is our neighbor doing?" I say, "Well it looks like she is working in the yard with a friend of hers." Kaylee, "Why is she kinda naked?" I say, "Well I think she is just trying to get a little sun." Kaylee, "Well I think she needs some more clothes on." I say, "Please remember that when you are a teenager." Kaylee, "Okay Mom." Out of the mouths of babes.

7 comments:

Jacinda said...

kinda naked?!?! That's hilarious!!!!!! Good teaching moment, Mom! Sure hope your neighbor doesn't read your blog-HA!

Kristen OQ said...

Your house looks like it was just perfect for the shower -- I know everyone had a great time too!

Cute story about Kaylee -- I bet you really are hoping that she remembers that story when she is 15. Where are our tape recorders when we need them?

Can't wait to see more pics of what you have done to your house!

Traci said...

You and your house look beautiful! You know that I love that color and I have a hankering to see it in person!!

I love how Kaylee is already a teenager in her mind. I'm sure she will be dressed just as cute as she is now when she gets older.

Miss you!!

Holly said...

That is so funny! Enjoy your week with a clean house! I can't wait to see pictures of the "red" bathroom!

Jennifer H. said...

Hi, Erica! I came across your blog through someone else's blog and just had to comment. I haven't seen you in so many years! I was reminded of the Calling Center days when I saw your blog! ;-) I also have a Kaylee. My Kaylee is 3 1/2 and I have a 2 week old little boy, Nolan. I hope all is well! Your blog is very cute.

Shelley said...

The shower looked wonderful. Isn't it well worth it when the house is clean and all is done... enjoy your clean house this week. Kaylee is too cute! I hope mine remember all their clothes too when they are teenagers!

The French Connection said...

Hey your house looks great and so does the blog. I just sent Lindsey an email for a quote for my blog.

Those teenage years will be really interesing. Garrison has already been called Georgie Porgie because he loves to kiss the girls so much.

I miss you guys.