Image Map

July 5, 2007

Fun Times in "Big D"

Upon returning from Waco we spent two days getting ready to leave again to go to Dallas...my other home. Kaylee was so excited to finally get to go see all her friends and I was too. After dropping Cary off at the airport to go to a conference we were headed for Murphy. The Ownbys were nice enough to share their home and everything else with us while we were there. Poor Trenton even got kicked out of his own bed one night because we thought Campbell might sleep better in there but we were wrong. (It was the first time she ever climbed out of a crib though. It is amazing what a determined, mad two year old can do.) Despite a little sleep deprivation we all had a great time. It was great to be able to catch up with friends in person.


Traci and Steph even went to the trouble of fixing us a delicious lunch one day. The girls had so much fun playing and talking. I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to hear their conversations but I was too busy having my own fun. Campbell and Riley even found time to make their own fun in the bathroom sink...too cute.

Here are Kaylee and Kylie....do you think they like each other?

Cary got back on Friday night late and we all left for Cedar Creek Lake on Saturday to have a day of fun at my sweet friend Amy's family lakehouse. Campbell's face in this picture best describes all of our excitement. With the women in one car with two kids and the men in another car with two kids we all headed out. We also had a faulty map in hand. What would a trip be without a little adventure? Let's just say that it involved a poor map pulled off the internet by our husbands, a lot of U-turns, a few cellphone calls, spinning tires in the mud, and a nice man who had a chain which came in handy. I am happy to say that we did make it to the
lakehouse only a little while after our husbands, a little sore from all the laughing, and in time for lunch. The rest of the day was a blast. Campbell did not love all the waves in the water but she did pretty good. Kaylee was our real pro. She jumped off a 12 foot drop, swam all over the dock area, and even rode in the tube being pulled by the SeaDoo. It is so good to see how much she loves the water compared to where we were only a few years ago. It was a very enjoyable day at the lake. I even took a ride in the tube with two of my sweet friends who happen to be a little on the fuddy duddy side. (you know I love you girls) Thank you Smiths for your hospitality and to all of our other friends for making the week so special.


My big girl!!
Here are Trenton and Campbell saying goodbye to each other. I thought it was so funny to see the big smile on his precious face. We had a wonderful time and look forward to seeing everyone again soon.

2 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

I love your sweet spirit! I would have told the same story in my own, personal annoyed way....

Nana said...

What some wonderful memories and fun times for all of you!