Image Map

July 3, 2007

Swimming, More Birthday, and some sweet Fathers

So much has happened since my last post that I do not even know where to begin...that is a warning that this will be a long one.


I suppose I will try to sart at the beginning which happened to be the end of swimming lessons. I was so excited to see what Kaylee would accomplish this year with the help and love of her wonderful teacher and I was definitely not disappointed. Let's just say I was amazed at how much she remembered and how far she came in just two weeks. It was a wonderful experience for all of us. I was a little worried about Campbell being still while we waited each day but as long as I brought enough to snack on and entertain she did great!!



By the end of the first week Kaylee was really swimming by herself. She had become a pro at coming up for a quick breathe and placing her head back underwater. She even managed to swim without the goggles most of the time. I now can say that if she fell in the water by accident she could definitely get herself to the side of the pool and out of the water. That was my goal and she passed with flying colors. I am already anticipating all the techniques she will learn next year.




Last but most definitely not least her wonderful teacher who is so encouraging and patient. We just love her. Thank you Teacher Sherry!!





Friday after swimming lessons were over we packed up and went to Waco to celebrate Father's Day with my Dad and Grandfather. The girls were so excited to be going to see Papaw, Papa, and Nana that their names were all we heard on the whole three hour trip. I did manage to get a few of my errands accomplished on Saturday before our little celebration for Campbell's actual birthday.

Nana had one of the local stores make her a Nemo cupcake cake and she loved it! I do not know which she enjoyed more eating the cake or blowing out the candles. Kaylee gave her a cute little doll she had picked out for her and we added another charm to her charm bracelet.

We enjoyed a great afternoon with the men in my life. I am blessed beyond measure with the three men in my life. Cary, my Dad, and my Grandfather are the most wonderful men you could ever meet. It was so nice to be able to share the day with them.

Papa and Nana even got us a gift and watched the girls while Cary and I went to a movie. We got to eat a PeiWei which is one of my favorites and then went to see Ocean's Thirteen. It was so nice to be able to spend a little time with my sweet husband alone.

I think I will stop here for now and continue with more updates later.

4 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

We went to see Ocean's 13 on our recent date night, too. We haven't been to the movies in so long. It was fun. We have a Papa, Nana, and Popa, too!

Shelley said...

Hey... great update! I love summer and all the excitement of swimming lessons, etc. too. I met one of your Bunko buddies today in Hamilton... Whitney (forgot her last name.) Her little sister, Ashley, is marrying a guy from Hamilton and we had her shower yesterday. The guy she is marrying has a sister who is my good friend. Anyway, It was good to visit with her and talk about those we knew in common! Hope all is well!!! Shelley

Jennifer H. said...

I love your girls matching outfits! So cute. And the Nemo cupcake cake is fantastic!

Nana said...

Kaylee, I love you in your swimming goggles. You look so grown up!

Campbell and Kaylee you both look so cute in your matching clothes!