Two weekends ago we actually had a weekend at home with nothing on the calendar which does not seem to happen very often. I decided to paint Kaylee's room yellow. Well let me back up, Kaylee wanted a blue room the whole time we lived in Dallas so when we moved we painted her new room blue. I bought the cutest Pottery Barn Kids bedding to go with it and her room looked really cute for about 6 months. One day my sweet husband was in the attic looking for Kaylee's baby bedding for a friend to borrow and he ran across the twin bedding my Mom had made to go in the baby room but never used because a twin bed made the room too crowded. He made the comment that we could use it in Kaylee or Campbell's rooms sometime and that is all it took. Kaylee immediately wanted the bedding in her room. Well since we did not find out what we were having with Kaylee we bought some primary colored gender neutral bedding. I love the bedding and it is a lot of fun but did not really go with the sky blue walls and pastel accessories. However, I put it on the bed thinking she would change her mind again in a few months. Of course, she never changed her mind and the wall color has driven me crazy with the bedding. Therefore it is now back to yellow, very yellow, a very similiar yellow to her room in Dallas. I really like it and so does Kaylee but there are a few accessories and things I will still need to add to the walls. We will see how that goes:) So here is the finished product from my first free weekend in a long time.
It definitely fits Kaylee's personality since she is very creative and prefers to be playing games over playing with baby dolls. Definitely not a girly girl yet:)
* On a side note I have started moderating the comments that are posted on my blog. I have had several friends in the past have some not so nice things posted on their blogs and I just wanted to prevent that. All that said to say if you do not see your comment posted right away it is just because I have not viewed my blog to post it:) Please keep commenting though...I love to hear from my blog friends.
10 comments:
That looks cute!!! I like the bright, cheery yellow!
It's so cute! I love the bedding! Landry is NOT a girly girl, either, and definitely would love that bedding, too!
HOW CUTE!! We didnt find out Abbey was a girl either, so she had a primary nursery :) It was also patchwork like Kaylee's new room. I wish I was ambitious enough to take on painting my girls' rooms. Way to go!!!
The room looks great! I'm so glad we got to talk last night! I love you!
I love your yellow walls! Lauren's walls are yellow.. and I think that i will adding that color to even more rooms in our home. It is just so bright and happy :)
I love me some yellow walls! Every different shade, too!
OOOO, what got removed? That just makes me curious....
I love Kaylee's room! The color is so bright and pretty. Ask Cary when he's going to stripe it!
Kylie has been looking at your website all night. She just came in here and told me what all Kaylee got for Christmas.
Have a great week!
LOVE it!
It looks so good! I love it!
Post a Comment