Image Map

February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day

Well we started off the morning with a bang around our house. It is amazing how quickly a 6 year old will get out of bed when you tell them there are Valentine's doughnuts waiting for them in the kitchen:) Kaylee was very excited to be wearing her new Princess shirt and cute polka dot tights. She even did not seem to mind posing for a picture too much. After gathering her Valentine's goodies for her classmates, her gift for her teacher, and the usual backpack stuff she was out the door with a big grin on her face. I can still remember being so excited about special days at school...now I get excited about making them special for our girls.




Campbell was my next Valentine to wake up. She was so excited about wearing her heart shirt and pants that she did not even whine this morning while getting dressed. As you can see in the picture she would not put her baby of choice for the moment down for the picture. She is such a little Mommy all of the time. After taking about 5 minutes to pick out two doughnuts which she only ate about three bites of we were off to her school. As always lately she just walked right on in with her lunchbox and Valentines and started playing with all of her friends. I am so glad that school makes her so happy.

While the girls were at school I ran a few errands and then met my sweet husband for a delicious lunch at Copper Creek. It was so nice to be able to visit and just spend some time together in the middle of the day over a great meal. Thank you, Honey, I am so glad you are my forever Valentine!

In no time it was already 2:30pm, time to pick Campbell up. She was so excited to see me and show me all of her Valentine loot. I do not know what excited her more the candy or one of her friends who gave Valentine cards with her picture on it. We had a whole conversation on the way to pick Kaylee up about how Lizzie was smiling at her, how happy she looked, and that she was a sweet girl. I just love the conversations that Campbell and I are having these days. They always make me smile.

Kaylee hopped in the car next telling me all about who gave her which Valentines and how her teacher loved her card that she gave her and the gift. It was a most exciting day she said. I love hearing all about the drama of kindergarten each day when she gets in the car. I would like to be a fly on the wall during the day to observe her in class and just see what she is thinking about things sometimes. She did tell me that they got to eat a delicious cookie but she only ate about four bites because she was still full from lunch.

Once we arrived home I put Campbell down for a nap and got busy baking a heart shaped cake for desert and ordering a heart shaped pizza from Papa John's. I even decorated the table with a red table cloth, a candle, and some cute hearts spread out in the middle of the table. The last touches were the heart plates and napkins. Kaylee was so excited to see all of the special decorations but Campbell just kept asking me why they were there and if she could blow out the candle. Funny girl! Kaylee had already asked me this morning if it was a "gift day" and I told her maybe so. As you can imagine she was glad to be done with dinner and ready to open some treats. Here is Kaylee with all her fun gifts from us as well as a movie from my parents.

Campbell on the other hand would never let us take a good picture because she was too busy. My sweet husband even surprised me with a few gifts. I think we surprised him too.

I really thought this year was a perfect Valentine's Day for us. We all went to sleep with smiles on our faces.

Here are my three favorite Valentines!!















Happy Valentine's Day to all my blog friends!! I am going to close with the perspective of a 2 1/2 year old when she has control of the camera.
















I think Campbell might just have a future in photography:)







9 comments:

Whitney said...

Well, Morgan took a few pictures at Sing Song last night too. What is it about a REAL camera that they love so much! Forget the fake Barbie one! Sounds like ya'll had a great day! Your girls look precious in their Valentine's day attire!

Shelley said...

Happy Valentine's Day... The girls looked adorable in all the "hearts", red, and pink!

Lisa Renee said...

What a fun Valentine's Day! You look great too in your red- very pretty. Glad you all had a great day!

Lindi said...

I love the heart shaped pizza idea. I'm going to have to try that one. Girl, where do you get all the energy?

Robyn said...

Looks like you guys had a great V-day!!

Alyssa said...

I love your Valentine's pictures! I looks you guys had a fun day! I love how much fun your girls had on their special day- there is nothing like Valentine's day at a "girl" house!

Traci said...

The girls always look so cute! That picture of you is awesome!

That call meant everything to me! Thank you!! :)

Stephanie said...

Thanks for finally updating!! When did you get all these updated? I checked a few days ago I thought!!

I wish I could have been with you in Canton. You forgot to mention the best part of your Birthday...the phone call you got from your good friend Honey!! I love the things you bought, especially the rug!! :)

I love the Princess Club!!! When I get home Trinity will have to join one or we'll start one. It's an awesome idea!!!

The girls look adorable, as usual, in their Valentine's clothes. Give them hugs and kisses from London.

Love you and miss you!!! Honey

Nicole said...

Hey there, Happy Valentines! Brooke has the same shirt that Campbell is wearing in the picture...it's a cute one! Can we still wear it now the V-Day is over? I never know. :-) We did the heart shaped pizza, too. Did they cut yours or send it whole? They told us that they don't cut them so that peopole don't open the box and see a broken heart. I thought that was funny! Have a great week!