Well the big weekend finally arrived...not only was Friday my Birthday but I got to go on a girls trip to Canton for First Monday Trade Days with some of my sweet friends. Kelly picked me up bright and early and even had a present for me! I thought that was so sweet. Then April gave me a cute card she made. It was such a wonderful start to my Birthday! There were 5 of us who left on Friday morning at 7:00am with Starbucks in hand to begin the journey, what could be better than that? Well, maybe having some Birthday cash to spend:) It was so much fun to spend the 3 1/2 hour trip having adult conversation uninterrupted. Whitney and I were even armed with a shopping list of things we were determined to get and I think that we both exceeded our expectations. It was so nice to be in Canton on a Friday because there were not many shoppers and you actually had time to form a plan of attack without people stepping on you which is how it can be sometimes on a Saturday. I managed to get the three main things on my list the first day. It is amazing how much room 4 floral sconces and one floral arrangement can take up in the back of a Tahoe. (Not all of those were mine.) Around 5:00pm we headed back to downtown Dallas to pick up three other girls who were coming that evening and check into the Hyatt Reunion Tower which Allison pricelined and got our rooms for $60 a night. You cannot beat that! The hotel was beautiful and once we got cleaned up we went to dinner at a great Tex-Mex Restaurant Melissa recommended. I had a pulled pork burrito which was delicious! Once we were all full we made a few detours on the way back to the hotel. First we went to Lori's cousin Amy's cute apartment in downtown Dallas, then we got gas at a very questionable gas station where some men offered to wash our car at 11:30pm (that would be a no thank you), and then we went to a local Wal-Mart market to get some sinus medicine for Whitney. I felt so tired once we arrived back in our room but that did not keep Kelly and I from talking till around 1:45am.
The next morning we got up and had a delicious breakfast at La Madeline before heading back to Canton for a second day of shopping. We decided to have the divide and conquor approach since it was a little more crowded than the day before. It was so nice to take our time looking and making sure we had seen all that we wanted. Julie, Kelly, April, Whitney, Lori, Allison, Melissa, and I all ended the day with sacks in hand and smiles on our faces at our bargains. We left Canton around 5:00pm and headed back home after making a stop in Arlington at PeiWei for some good food. After filling our tummies one more time we were on the road with one place on our minds which was Home. We did discuss extending our trip at least one more night next time so we could shop Dallas one day...I may be saving money for the next year for that trip:) Thanks girls for all the laughs, great talks, and fun. It was so nice to return home with a rejouvenated soul.
Here are a few of the things I purchased:
I got two of these to hang on either side of the mirrored dresser in our room.
This cute rug is going in our guest bath which is red. I thought it would add a fun touch...thanks for the idea Honey.
Then there was this sweet plaque which found a home above my girls pictures. We are truly blessed!
2 comments:
Oh-I love that sign!
It was a blast! I had more fun than ever and I was even sleep deprived and sick! I can't wait to go again! What an amazing group of girlfriends were are blessed with. I love the details of your post- I need to copy yours onto mine b/c I always leave out the important details.
I saw the princess club info. posted at church. What a great idea! I can't wait to do one with Campbell and Morgan's class!
I'm not trying to skip out on you at MOPS. I planned on coming this morning, but Morgan was adamant that she didn't want to go. She always wanted to go last year so I feel bad taking her when she's saying she doesn't want to go. I'm not sure why she isn't wanting to go. I'm sorry~ we'll try again in 2 weeks. Needless to say though, this will be my last year to do MOPS.
Post a Comment