Image Map

February 10, 2008

The Princess Club

Today has been a very busy day around our house. We had church, a quick lunch, I went to help hostess a baby shower, Kaylee and I attended the first Princess Club meeting, and then back to church for small group tonight. I am tired after just typing it:) It was a good busy though because they were all activities that I love!
Today a few sweet ladies from church started the Princess Club for girls in grades K-2 and their Moms. They wanted to start the club to give the girls a chance to form a close bond before they get to middle school which is when typically there starts to be activities for their age group outside of Bible class. We have never read any of the Gigi God's Little Princess books but Kaylee has seen one of the DVDs. Basically the books title is stating that all girls are Princesses because we are all daughters of the King. The club is going to encourage girls to develope strong Christian friendships, while encouraging the love of God's word, God's creation, and God's people. We are going to follow the God's Little Princess Devotional Bible. During the study the girls will get to do hands on activities as well as some application in the form of service to others. They will learn the royal truths which are honor, charity, fairness, purity, truth, honesty, caring, and faithfulness. As these truths are mastered through different ways they will have the opportunity to earn a charm for their charm bracelet, with the ability to earn three per semester. The bracelet will also give the girls a chance to talk about the Bible when asked about it by their friends. What a great idea!
I am looking forward to having this time each Sunday afternoon to further nurture Kaylee's relationship with the Lord as well as others. What an amazing opportunity! We are so thankful that the Lord placed this opportunity on the hearts of the women starting this program. (Thank you for blessing us Holly, Stephanie, Kristi, and Autumn.)




5 comments:

Shelley said...

That sounds AMAZING! I am really missing the city right now... for simple reasons like this:) Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Melissa said...

So special - I hope they are still doing the Princess Club when Ella is old enough. It's such a great idea.

Jacinda said...

Sounds like a great club! We have the Gigi dvd and the Bible storybook you're talking about.

Anne said...

I hope the club is a huge success so Natalie can be a princess next fall when she starts Kindergarten.

Traci said...

That is such a great idea and so special for you and Kaylee!

Your hair looks great and that picture of y'all is wonderful!!!