
I cannot believe Kaylee is in second grade this year! She is so excited to see all her friends, learn more, and be the oldest group in the building. (Where we are the elementary building holds grades K-2nd.) After attending Meet the Teacher last Thursday she has been counting the hours until today.When I walked into her bedroom this morning I only had to call her name once and she jumped out of the bed shouting "First Day of School!!" It was so funny and cute at the same time. I am so glad that she has always loved school and learning. After her feet touched the floor it seemed like she was dressed, bed was made, shoes were on, teeth were brushed and she was ready to fix hair in about 5 minutes. This does not happen every day that is for sure. It took a little bit longer to get Campbell excited about being up so early. She is not a morning person. Once we were all ready we walked out the door at @6:35am to get to IHOP for breakfast. This is the second time we have gone there on the first day of school so I think it may be our spot going forward. I love this tradition and look forward to it almost as much as the girls. By 7:20am we were done with breakfast and walking out the door. Since we were early we drove around for a little bit listening to the girls sing their church songs CD. It was a precious moment. At around 7:35am we pulled into the school parking lot ready to take our firstborn to 2nd grade! Ugh!! That sounds so big to me.


Campbell had to take her new backpack into Kaylee's school too.
After taking several photos in her classroom we were out the door and on our way home. Just a few minutes and the day has begun as has a new school year for all of us.

Kaylee with her adorable teacher Mrs. "C"

Mommy and her girls!
Dad and Kaylee
Here is a little recap in photos over the past three years...

Kaylee on her first day of kindergarten.
Kaylee on her first day of 1st grade.
Kaylee's 1st Day of 2nd Grade!!
Once we got home I began to get a little sad about all the silence. We had a wonderful summer and both girls are at really fun ages right now. Campbell already misses Kaylee a little, so I think we will both be eager for 3:05pm to get here. I cannot wait to hear all about Kaylee's first day! Praying blessings on a great year of school.
3 comments:
I can't believe how big she is!! I remember sitting in the hospital waiting for her to arrive like it was yesterday. Give her a big hug and kiss from Rae-Rae. Love you. ;-)
Our babies are in 2nd grade! WAAAAAA!! Don't they seem so big? I hope Kaylee had a great day. I can't believe you got up so early to go to IHOP! I opted for cinnamon rolls from a can! Love you girl!
Post a Comment