Well early in the morning we found out there would be no school in session today so my plans started forming for the day ahead. Since the high for today was predicted to be 15* with a wind chill of -10 we had a pretty good idea last night that there would be no school since all the snow and ice were not going to melt at that temperature. Once again we filled the day with some wonderful family time together. We have watched movies, played games, roasted smores and had our very own Throwdown minus Bobby Flay of course.
I searched the web last night and printed a recipe for The Best Banana Bread Ever and a recipe for Paula Dean's Banana Bread. My plan was to use one of my favorite things I got for Christmas too...

That's right I have not known what I was missing for the past 15 years of my life. Well I have had an idea;-) Isn't she a beauty? She matches my kitchen perfectly.
As soon as we ate breakfast and watched a short movie together we got busy with the Throwdown. Campbell went first and chose The Best Banana Bread Recipe Ever for her choice to help bake.
We added all the ingredients and poured it into the muffin pans for baking.

Here are my two cute little helpers.

Kaylee chose to go second and of course picked Paula Dean's Banana Bread recipe. She was so excited to be having our own tasting challenge since she is my Food Network groupie. I think she was happy that her recipe required cracking 4 eggs, you know how much fun that was as a child.
Here is one of the muffin pans after baking. Can you smell the deliciousness?
We all got a plate like the one below and I was the only one who knew which muffin was which. The decisions were made after a little deliberation and Muffin A was the clear winner 3 to 1.
It was The Best Banana Bread Ever recipe. Are you shocked? I was since I am such a huge Paula Dean fan and also a fan of butter. The winning recipe did not even have butter in it. All that to say Paula's is still great just not the winner. The worst part is having all that banana bread around to eat, just kidding. I would take some to the neighbors but it is way too cold today. Maybe tomorrow?
No comments:
Post a Comment