Image Map

November 27, 2011

Kaylee is 10 years old!


Today my firstborn daughter is 10 years old!! How did that happen? I do not know why but this birthday has really been hard for me. I keep thinking that she will only be in my house under my roof full time for 8 more years. Oh, I cannot even bare the thought, so on to happier things.

Kaylee is in fourth grade this year and soaking up every moment of it. She makes friends so easily and really enjoys meeting new people and making them feel welcome.

It seems that each season we add a different sport. So far we are still enjoying softball and have added basketball this year. I love my little athlete!

One of her favorite past times is watching any type of sporting event with her Dad whether it is on the television or in the ballpark. I am so thankful they get to bond in this way.

Along with watching sports with Dad she also loves to go hunting. He cannot even think about leaving the house to do either one of those activities without her included in them.

She still wants to be a baker and open her own bakery one day so we do enjoy cooking together as our special time. Kaylee has also gotten into shopping over the past year so we get to have our bonding time too.

She is still enjoying piano lessons and looks forward to them each week. I love listening to her play!

She has the most tender heart and hates to disappoint anyone. This can be good and bad. When it comes to school this can be hard because she wants to get 100's on everything and pushes herself very hard. Luckily school work seems to come easily for her now so I pray that continues with this personality trait. The good side is she is always polite to others and respectful.

She loves Bible Bowl and learning about God. I love the conversations we have about God and the things we learn about in the Bible. Seeing it all through the eyes of your child gives it a new light and she teaches me something new too.

She loves listening to music and singing as well. It is a sound I never grow tired of.

She loves her sister, most of the time;-) Over the past few months I have seen more of a friendship growing between the girls and I pray each day that this lasts a lifetime.

She is a great encourager of others. One of her favorite things is to praise her friends for their good job on something. It is so sweet to hear.

I love our precious daughter and cannot wait to see how she uses all the gifts God has blessed her with over the next year. You are a constant joy to my souls and I am so thankful I get to be your Mom!


No comments: