Image Map

November 7, 2011

San Francisco!

The first week in November Cary had a business trip to San Francisco planned so I decided to tag along since it had been a while since we took a trip together. What a fun place San Francisco is and a little odd too;-) We managed to pack a lot of places into a weeks time.The first evening we were there we went to this fun alley filled with restaurants called Belden Place. I wish we could have eaten there again on our trip. The food was amazing!



The next day we took a tour of the Napa Valley area along with Sonoma. Our schedule was full so there was no time to shop in the square of Sanoma but it was somewhere I would like to go back to one day and experience some fun shopping.









The third day we ventured on a tour of Muir Woods and Salsalito. If you ever have a chance to hike in Muir Woods please do. The trees were amazing and the views were breathtaking. What a Mighty God we have who gave us such natural beauty to enjoy! We also enjoyed eating at a restaurant on the water in Salsalito and shopping around town a little before heading back to the hotel.



Look how tall these Redwoods are! I could not even capture all it in my camera lens. Amazing!!















The fourth day we only had half a day together because of Cary's conference starting. We enjoyed a leisurely morning and then went on a group tour with the rest of the office to AT&T Park, home of the SF Giants. It was very informative and I picked out a suite I would love to sit in if we ever take in a game there;-)









Can you tell Cary is in his element??













We ended our day going to an event where we got to take a cruise ship to Alkatraz for a nighttime tour of the facilities. Let me just say if you ever go there wear comfortable shoes not high heeled boots;-) Our tour guide I think was one of the best. He had us going up random ladders and really get a feel for what the prison was like for those incarcerated there. We were there an hour and a half and still did not see everything. It was a very interesting place with all the history and people who were locked up there.




















The next day while our spouses were in classes I got to experience ships and submarines with this character, Larry. He and I had a lot of fun walking around several piers, a submarine (The Jeremiah O'Brian I believe), too many ships to count, and even a stop at In-N-Out burger. We also did some sight seeing/people watching in the process. That evening the whole crew went to eat at a restaurant across from the ballpark and enjoyed a delicious meal.



























Larry's sweet wife insisted the next day that Larry go with me shopping so he could carry my bags. Lucky for us the hotel was located off Market Street which was conveniently located close to some of my favorite places including an indoor mall, Tiffany's, Macy's, Ugg shoe store, H&M, and about 200 other places to enjoy. We decided to tackle the indoor mall since it was a little rainy. There were so many wonderful shops and I even got to find a few treasures to bring home. We did stop for a little bit to enjoy the Brookstone massage chair which I am sure Larry is getting for Christmas;-) Larry was a great sport and did not complain once. Thanks for the company Larry.



I am so thankful I got to spend a week away with the Love of my Life! Thanks again Nana for taking care of the girls!




No comments: