Cary and Kaylee got a four game pack of Rangers tickets for Christmas from my parents and April 23 was the first game for them to go see. They already knew it would be a good game because it was the Rangers vs Yankees. What none of us knew when they were purchased was that it would also be the game where Pudge Rodriguez would have a retirement ceremony before the game. I have to say that I was a little jealous that they were going and I was not. When Cary and I started dating and through many years of our marriage this was the man behind the plate at all the Rangers games. He has an infectious smile and incredible gift as a catcher. I am so glad that at least part of our family got to be there and that the Rangers honored such a key member of their organization with such a great tribute. I heard from my family as well as many news outlets the best part was when Pudge decided instead of throwing out the first pitch, he needed to be behind the plate catching the ball. I love that!
Two of my favorite Rangers, Nolan Ryan and Pudge Rodriguez.
Another reason it was a great night for Kaylee, Derek Holland was pitching. Unfortunately, the Rangers lost this night but I think it was still a lot of fun for Cary and Kaylee. I love hearing all about the things that went on at the game and seeing the excitement in Kaylee's eyes afterwards. I am so glad that she and her Dad share this love of baseball. Wonderful memories!!
No comments:
Post a Comment