Image Map

December 8, 2013

Our first Ice Day for the 2013 -2014 school year!

Well our first snow/ice day for the school year finally came! Can you tell that my girls were a little excited? I think the smile on my face was about that big as well. 
 While the girls were playing peacefully my sweet husband was using the time off work to put up our Christmas lights and put together a basketball goal. Yes, he is definitely a keeper. Of course, I was inside by the fire or baking some goodies. What is it about cold weather that makes me want to bake? 
 I did go outside to capture a few pictures of my girls getting along and giggling with joy over the fun they were having.
 They also decided to surprise Cary and I by putting a little "I love you" sign on the back of his truck. Then they called us over and held up another sign that said "mistletoe" and had us kiss while they showered us with some very cold sleet. I thought it was so sweet of them and I love that they know we love each other and them too.

My personal cupids!
 I am praying we have a few more of these unexpected days to just enjoy each other and take a timeout on life for a little while. I remember wanting a snow day when I was in school and as an adult I find that is still something that I look forward to only now it is to just be together not necessarily to play in the snow all day. Here's to a snowy 2014! (hopefully)

No comments: