Image Map

July 8, 2014

Family Vacation in Ruidoso, NM 2014

      We decided to take a trip to Ruidoso, NM this summer as our family vacation. Our dear friends the Pringles have a cabin there that they graciously let us stay in while we were there. When I started researching things to do there I found the Flying J Ranch and knew that we had to go there. I have such fond memories of going to a Dude Ranch in Colorado with my grandparents one summer so those memories made this a must. In the end I do not know who had more fun, me or the girls?


 There are days I would like to put these two in jail if it would help them get along. Kinda kidding.
 The cool church that was built at the ranch. It had a beautiful stain glass window inside and shortly after we walked out the back door we saw some deer nearby.
 Kaylee and Campbell panning for gold. alas we did not find any but did have fun trying.
 Campbell riding a horse with a little help from a guide.

 Both girls did a little shooting and faired pretty well. You can definitely tell which daughter hunts and which does not.



 Kaylee and Cary at the chuckwagon style dinner which despite the look on Kaylee's face below was delicious. 

The Flying J Wranglers were extremely talented, funny and just fun to watch. We all loved every minute of it. I highly recommend checking them out if you are ever in the area. The memories it brought back to my mind were priceless. I love that the girls will share this memory for years to come. Thank you James and Cindy Hobbs for being such great hosts!

No comments: