Image Map

October 17, 2015

ACU Homecoming Weekend

We did not get to do many of the ACU Homecoming activities because several months earlier I had purchased Surprise Taylor Swift tickets for that Saturday night. We did try to pack in a few fun things though.  
 One of my precious college roommates, Becky, came to town on the Thursday before and I got to meet her along with her precious boys at the mall for lunch. We had so much fun catching up and watching the boys play. I just fell in love with her sweet family. We decided a few hours was not enough time so we went for coffee that evening. We shared, laughed, and just enjoyed the gift that our friendship is to us.
 On Friday night we went to see Mary Poppins put on by the ACU theatre department. It was phenomenal! I still remember being an usher at Hello Dolly during my pledging days. I will always remember Melissa Yarbrough playing the lead and me being memorized by her talent. Who knew later in life I would be able to call her friend. Thank you to my friend Dawn Meeks for running such a wonderful program. Our family had a fabulous time and cannot wait to attend another performance.
(Wesley, Campbell, SJ, & Ali)
We also got to take in a quick Saturday morning volleyball that weekend before hitting the road. Our team walked away with a win and as you can see remained loyal to her bestie.

No comments: