Well the past week has been a blur. There is so much to do with so little time. We are officially moving a week from Friday so not only do I have Christmas stuff to take care of, doctor's appointments to fit in, suitcases to pack, special keepsakes to pack, friends to see, and many other last minute things to do. Where has all the time gone? Who's idea was it to move during the holidays? We have never moved from one house to another and may never again! (My only saving grace is that the new employer is paying for movers to come and pack everything!)
It was nice on Saturday night to attend our class Christmas party after the crazy week. Little did we know all of our dear friends were going to surprise us with a sweet going away gift. (To all our class friends who read my blog the gift and love behind it meant more than words could ever say. We will look at it often and think of each of you. We love you all!) I do not think the reality of moving had hit me till that moment. I think I spent the whole time we were standing up trying not to break into what Oprah terms as "the ugly" cry. I am excited about the new opportunities for our family I just wish we could take all of our sweet friends with us. We have been fortunate enough over the past 6 1/2 years to develop some of the friendships many people spend their whole lives searching for. How many people can say they have a list of 20 people they could call at a moments notice and they would drop everything and come running? I dare say not many. I know in my heart the friendships will remain but just take a different path for a while. We will probably be back so often they will wonder if we really moved. (I am already planning on coming back for a very special baby shower and the ladies retreat.) Some of my best girlfriends have even changed their cellular plan to our plan so we can call each other anytime and all the time at no charge. I am just going to cram all the fun I can into the next two weeks.
I just realized I still have to get... pictures with Santa, a picture of the girls for our Christmas cards, and change of address cards printed. Off to get things done!!
5 comments:
I totally know that this is a hard move for ya'll. We are still keeping you guys in our prayers, and can't wait to welcome you to Abilene! (And if you don't call us to help you do anything, I will take it personally!)
Please STAY!!!! But if you don't, I hope you and Cary make a wonderful life for Kaylee and Campbell.....they have a pretty darn good one now, though! I will miss you SO much. I still don't wanna think about it.
I didn't know you were moving to Abilene!
I grew up there and loved it. I remember in elementary school, a good 3/4ths of the kids I was in class with also went to church with me. Very unusual and wonderful.
Good luck!
Reading your entry made me very sad. I know that this is a great opportunity and I know that you guys are going to be really happy. but it still made me sad. I am sure that your life is completely crazy right now. let me know if i can do anything to help you!!!
I can't even believe it's time to be blogging about this!! This move has come way too fast for all of us. :) We enjoyed getting to honor y'all on Saturday, and probably could have made it an all-night thing with each couple standing up to tell you what you mean to each of us. You have made such an impact, and you'll never know how thankful we all are for your friendship and influence.
I hope your crazy week has some calm times mixed in there too. I'm glad you don't have to pack the whole house and can enjoy your week with friends. Please let us know what we can do to help. We need to get all these girls together before you leave next week!
We love you so much!
Post a Comment