Well our week was not quite what I had planned. Of course, I should have known on Sunday night when I started sneezing that I was in for a trip to the doctor. Why is it the over the counter remedies that seem to work for other never help me?
Last Monday started with a trip to the doctor for Campbell where he looked at me and said the words every mother hates who has just sat in a waiting room for an extended period of time which is ..."Well she could be sick or it could just be teething...call me at the end of the week if she is not better and I will call in some medicine." Are you kidding me? I have been alive long enough to know that green stuff pouring out of my daughter's nose every time she sneezes is not normal. Whatever...I just sat and looked at him till he gave me a few samples to try. Long story short there were more meds called in for Campbell on Friday and she is finally feeling better.
Of course I chose to wait my sickness out a little longer hoping my stubborn nature would "will" it away and we had some friends coming in town on Friday to visit and I was not going to miss that. We did manage to enjoy catching up with some friends and having a great dinner together...there is something so nice about reconnecting with old friends.
However, the next morning I was at the Doc in a Box to get some meds for me. This doctor was much more eager to help me and attentive to my need to get well fast. After a shot in one of my least favorite places and a nice Z-pack I am finally on the road to recovery. Maybe by tomorrow I will be able to actually smell and taste my food again.
I did throw myself out of bed this morning to attend my first MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting and met some nice women. We listened to a veteran kindergarten teacher and an elementary principal talk about how to get our children ready for school. I enjoyed listening and was glad I still have another year. The tear jerker was the reading of The Kissing Hand almost all of the Moms in the room were teary. Of course I left Campbell in class crying but the sweet ladies watching her said she quit very quickly. It is still so hard to leave one of my children crying...will that ever be easier? Kaylee just ran right into class and made herself at home then did not want to leave when it was time to go. The only way I got her out of the room was to say we were going to get Daddy for lunch. Lunch with Daddy was definitely our treat for the day. It is so much fun to be able to enjoy midday Daddy time for all of us. We will see what the rest of the week holds.
4 comments:
I used to do MOPS in Mesquite. I hope you enjoyed that. It will be a good way for you to get plugged in with some other stay at home moms. I haven't heard of the book that you mentioned. That might be one I need to look up.
Sorry about the nasty cold. It seems like everyone's kids have been sick lately. It is so annoying when the doctor doesn't take you seriously. I hope the green runny noses go away soon!
We love The Kissing Hand! As a matter of fact, Gracie just read it to me a little while ago and I read her the sequel, A Pocket Full of Kisses. We both have Kissing Hand stickers on our palms right now. GREAT BOOK!
The Kissing Hand was my favorite book to read the first day of Kindergarten when I taught. I would read it to the class while their parents were still there -- then the kids would be fine and the parents would leave with a kleenex and tears! It is frequently one of Sam's bedtime book picks.
Hope you are feeling better!
I am so glad that you are feeling just a smidge better! I really miss you and I wish we could go to the MOPS meetings together!!
Thanks for being my little prayer warrior and encouraging me on the phone! I heart you!
Post a Comment