Image Map

March 2, 2006

The Girls are Back!

Well we had a great trip to Dallas. The girls did much better than I expected in the car. I do think once Campbell is facing forward we may have to break down and get a TV for the car. Time will tell on that one. It was so nice to get to see our friends and have some girl time. As you can see from the picture all of the children had a blast at the Cowboy/girl Party for three of Kaylee's sweet friends. They roped a horse, pinned the badge on the sheriff, put the pigs in the pig pen, and had sack races. All of the Moms involved went to a lot of trouble but the children loved every minute of the chaos. My friend Amy did a great job making the cake too. I just enjoyed watching all of the fun. Kaylee has already asked when their next party will be...not for a while I am afraid all the Birthday Moms need a break.

Campbell had a lot of fun with her boyfriend too. They were so cute smiling at each other and looking for each other when they woke up each day. I think she looked for Trenton this morning and was a little confused by his absence. I cannot wait to see what fun things they will be doing the next time we visit. They are both growing up too quickly.

Kaylee and Trinity played so well together the past few days with minimal arguing. Our big girls are growing up too. Kaylee had so much fun at Sunshine School on Monday. The directors and her teacher let her come visit for the day. On the way to school she wanted to know what letter they were on in class. When Honey told her they were on "R or S" Kaylee sighed and said " I sure have missed a lot of letters!" Mrs. Leslie said she wanted to know exactly how many letters she had missed so they counted them together. She asked Kaylee if they wrote their letters at her new school in Abilene and Kaylee said,"Well we just sing the alphabet which I learned 3 years ago...I do not think the teachers there know how to write their letters." Too funny! Kaylee was so excited all day long. Her teacher said she just sat and watched everyone and smiled. When I picked her up at the end of the day she said,"Well Mom everybody still loves me!" So cute! That afternoon she and Trinity both got a treat because Uncle Mark took them to see Curious George and they LOVED it! They were so excited with faces beaming as they left for the theatre. When they returned there were two wiped out girls in our house. After all the children were in bed Honey and I went for a late dinner with Traci and Amy. It was great to laugh and catch up on everyone's life. It is so wonderful to have such close friends to talk to and lean on.

The next day I got to visit some friends at Ladies Class and Kaylee got to go to her class too. It was good to see so many women that I admire and love. I was a little worried about Campbell in the nursery since we have a little seperation issue but she loved Mrs. Kathryn so I actually got a little break from both kiddos. I enjoyed lunch and some shopping with Honey, Nicole, and Chelsea. We laughed and just enjoyed our time together. Then later that day I attended a baby shower and got to catch up with even more friends!

On Wednesday we packed up for home but not before enjoying a fun lunch with friends. Kaylee got to play with Lauren, Kamdyn, Garrison, and Trinity on Trinity's fun swing set while the adults talked. They loved having a McDonald's picnic outside too. We had some hot children after about an hour because it was 90 degrees outside! It was a perfect end to a wonderful week. Thank you again Mark and Honey for letting us crash at your home for a few days.

Now we are back to the routine around here. Kaylee is at school and later we will have soccer practice. This weekend she has two games and a birthday party! It should be fun. Hope you all have a great weekend!

6 comments:

hollyfouts said...

Glad yall had a fun visit. I've been wondering about you guys!

mcjacobsjournal said...

We are SO glad that you came to see us for a few days! We enjoyed it so much, and it has made us miss you even more since then! I had not heard all of those adorable things that Kaylee said about Sunshine School. That is so funny! That girl sure makes me smile. :) I'm glad you're back safe and sound. Looking forward to your March visit next! hee hee!

Kristen OQ said...

It was nice to see you this week, even if it was only for a few minutes! Glad you made it home safely and are settling back in to life in Abilene. We miss having you guys here every day!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a safe trip to Dallas and back home.

NOW if WE can just get you to come to Waco for a few days.

Traci said...

It was great to see you, too. Erica, you know you should really go visit your mother more! She misses you just like we do!! hee-hee

Alyssa said...

We really enjoyed seeing you guys this week! I am so glad that I got to see you on Wed, and we got to catch up a little bit! We look forward to the next Beard Girls Trip :)