Another week has gone and no posts so here goes a weeks worth of activities...
*Last Thursday evening I left to go to Dallas and ended up spending the night with my friends Stephanie. We had a very enjoyable dinner at Christina's near the mall and caught up on life a little. Since I was spending the night we did more catching up at the house after kissing the kids good night.
*Friday morning I got up, ate a hearty breakfast, and went to Traci's to begin the journey to San Marcos after picking up Nicole, Sara, and Chelsea. We had so much fun just talking and laughing the whole way to Lorena. We stopped briefly so I could get in the car with my Mom and then we went to Salado. The restaurant we ate at was delicious. (Thanks Mom!) After filling our tummies and looking through a few shops we were off to San Marcos. Once arriving we checked into our room and hit the outlet malls. There were so many places and so little time. I was pleasantly surprised that there were not many people there so we hit all the children's stores. We even had time to fit in a sit down dinner in between all the shopping. By the time we got back to the room we were all looking at our purchases (Thanks Mom and Dad the girls clothes are cute.) and chatting away.
(Before anyone starts feeling bad for my husband his mother came to help with the girls and he even got to play golf one day. The girls had fun playing with Grandma too. They all even went to the Zoo and Mr. Gattis. That's more than we usually do in a weekend.)
*Saturday we got up, ate breakfast, and hit the malls again. I have to say that the best deal of the trip was today but I had to pass. Bombay had a full size girl's headboard with beautiful painted flowers for only $12.97 and it had been around $100. Let's just say by the time our group left there was only 1 out of the 4 left. By lunchtime the mall was getting crowded and we were ready to leave the madness. Traci did find a yummy Mexican restaurant for us to eat at before leaving town though:) After a quick refueling we were headed back to Dallas. Traci and I dropped all the girls off then headed to Target and Willowbend Mall. Then we were ready for a little Joe's Crab Shack followed by Starbuck's and returning home. It was so good to see Alan and the kids too. Kylie was even sweet enough to let me sleep in her bed.
*Sunday I got up and went to PC for church and class. I got to sit with Mike, Amy, and the kids. It was so good to see everyone:) After church the Taylors, Hansens, Smiths, and I went to Snuffer's for lunch. I was in Heaven with the cheese fries:) After eating I returned to the road to head home. When I stoppped in Weatherford for gas a nice man told me my tire was low. I have no idea how to change a spare or even really air up a tire correctly so I went to Wal-Mart because it was the only place open. After waiting for two hours they finally got to my car and could find nothing wrong with the tire so with a little extra air I was back on the road. (If you ever have to stop at the automotive department in Weatherford they are very kind.) Finally I was home at a little after six o'clock with two sweet girls that were very excited to see me. I fell like we all had a good and productive weekend.
*Monday I tried to get caught up on cleaning and a little laundry. Then that night I went to BUNKO and won for the most BUNKOS again! How exciting is that:) Gotta love it when you go home with more money than you left with.
*Tuesday there was more cleaning and playing with the girls to be done.
*Wednesday Kaylee had Gymnastics at 11:00, we went swimming at 12:15, came home around 2:30, got baths and naps, then went to eat at Bueno before church. Kaylee loved her class and it was a lot less busy than it had been in the summer. SHe is getting so good at listening and actually trying to do the moves they show her. There are a lot of them I know that I could not do. Both of my girls love the water so much that it really makes getting in the water enjoyable. It was a fun jam packed day.
*Today I am trying to get some things done around the house before soccer practice tonight. I am anxious to see if Kaylee still likes it and how much more she understands this time around. Thanks ahead of time Coach James!
That about sums everything up for now. I am going to try to get some new picturea of the girls posted along with what they are doing now next time. It should be a little less boring than this post anyway.
5 comments:
Gracie will be playing soccer this Fall too and I'm anxious to see how she likes it!
I had so much fun with you! I'm glad that you made me go that extra mile with you to the mall, Target, and Joe's. That was just what I needed! Also, thanks for all the advice!! I had fun staying up until 1 am talking with you when I had almost NO sleep the night before!! I slept almost all day on Sunday and got a migraine!!
I love you, my friend!!
Tell Nana Mary "Thank you....lunch was wonderful and it was good to see her!"
I missed seeing you last night at soccer "practice." I was walking over to your car and you took off like a mad woman!! Cary gave me the scoop though! :)
Glad you had so much fun shopping with your girls!
It was nice to see you at church and catch up for a few minutes. You are missed by many here in Dallas!
That is the best of everything! Girl time, old friends, and shopping.. It doesn't get any better than that! Love you!
Post a Comment