Image Map

August 17, 2006

Good Times with Old Friends

Why is it as the summer ends our weeks seem to get busier? Last Wednesday we left for Levelland so Cary could speak on finances and the Bible at the congregation where one of our good college friends preaches. The girls did so well on the trip:) Since we had just seen them the weekend before it was great to see our children pick up where they left off when playing together. We had a good dinner at a local pizza place and then we were off to church. I though that Cary did a super job. I felt like I was taking a college class again with all the notes I took and statistics he gave to us. As usual I was so proud of him:) After putting our children to bed we ate a mocha cheesecake dessert that was delicious and let the Castlemans put it on us in Spades. The next morning we took a few pictures and were off to see some family friends that live in LaMesa. Who knew trying to get a picture of four children could be so hard?

When we got to the Well's home it was like stepping back in time. They were just the way I remembered them from Tennessee and Lorena. It was fun to see pictures of their grandchildren and for them to see our two angels. Kaylee had the best time riding the tractor with Mr. Alan. He even let her drive! She was so excited. Cary and Campbell got to ride along in the little trailer too. I think my youngest was a little unsure but went along with the plan anyway. While they were playing I got to talk to Kay and catch up on life. It is so good to see old friends.

No comments: