The title sums up how I feel and it is only Tuesday. Yesterday Kaylee started Zoo Camp where she will learn about baby animals. Evidently they focused on turtles yesterday because that is mostly what I heard about on the way home. Here are a few facts according to Kaylee about turtles:
1. They bury themselves in the dirt to cool off.
2. Their eggs are buried in the dirt until they hatch.
3. Baby turtles are very cute.
4. Some turtles live to be very old.
Unfortunately the turtle shell they passed around class was not so lucky. It distrubed Kaylee that the turtle had died so she told Daddy that if God wanted to he could make the turtle alive again because the turtle is one of God's creatures and God does take care of his creatures. That girl never stops thinking. I am so glad that she is building a good foundation on the Lord. She also told us that there are many kinds of birds and one has a long neck and a long name.(Flamingo maybe?) Another important part was getting to eat animal crackers (very fitting) and drink lemonade. all in all a successful first day:)
Today she talked about touring the zoo and seeing different animals and their babies. The monkey was a favorite today because all I heard was that there is a new baby monkey at the zoo and the old baby is now an adult. I asked her if any of the animals had names and she said only the "adults" because the babies would not understand their names until they got older. She also said one of the adult monkeys died last night. Who knows?? I will have to check on that one tomorrow.
While Kaylee was at the zoo and Campbell was with Daddy I went to the doctor. I woke up not feeling well so the doctor gave me some medicine to make me better before my weekend trip:) Gotta love unexpected illness. Anyway the doctor was super nice and while in the office he asked where the kids were so I said with Cary. I told him I was sure Cary would be in the parking lot waiting for me when I got out of the appointment...I was half kidding. As soon as I walked outside and looked up there was the Tahoe with two cute little girls and my sweet husband. How did I know they would be waiting? So much for a quiet ride to his office to pick them up. Hopefully tomorrow will start out better than today.
1 comment:
What fun!! ZOO CAMP! Kendyll would absolutely love that! I'm glad Kaylee's learning so much. That girl is a sponge!
I am looking SO forward to our getaway this weekend!!! Just a couple more days until girly shopping time!
Post a Comment