What a wonderful week!! Our week started off great and has only seemed to get better.
Last weekend some of our good friends, Chris and Holly, came in town for Sing Song. It was so nice to be able to visit and catch up on our lives. They are the kind of friends where the conversation can just be picked up as though you have never been apart. Cary nor I had been back to Sing Song since graduation so it was a real treat! Just this flood of memories came flowing into my head the minute we walked into good ole Moody. It was as if for a few hours I had stepped back in time. The acts were great and we enjoyed many a laugh together. it was so nice for Chris and Holly to bring us a little bit of home with their visit. We have enjoyed their visits to see us and look forward to them making another reservation anytime.
On Wednesday after Gymnastics we made a quick trip to the Zoo. We met some friends there for a picnic and enjoyed the 75 degree weather.
It was so beautiful and the best surprise was that there was no one there. The children had so much fun playing together, feeding the giraffes, feeding the fish, and roaring like the lions. It was so nice to take a break from the daily chores that seem to weigh us down at times and just enjoy the glorious day that the Lord had blessed us with. The girls had so much fun together. It was really fun to watch Campbell comprehending that the animals we see in books were right in front of us. I think the biggest hits this trip were the turtles and the giraffes. I am already looking forward to many more fun trips to the Zoo with my girls.
Today I am going to the Ladies Retreat that our church has each year. If you are counting, yes that makes two Ladies Retreats in one month. This one is in town so I will only be away from home one night. I am really excited because Judy Thomas is the speaker and I treasured her so much as a professor I had at ACU. I always felt blessed and excited when I entered her class. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!
6 comments:
Hasn't this weather been amazing? You just can't stay inside when it's that gorgeous outside! We haven't been to the zoo since last summer, so we'll have to go soon. My kids always enjoy it too.
Have fun at the ladies retreat! I won't be there. =( My dad has been out of town for quite a few weeks, and just came back into town a couple of days ago, so he was aching to see my kids! He will be keeping them tonight & all day tomorrow...so I couldn't resist a little hubby time. It's been TOO long since we've had a date night, so I couldn't pass it up! I have heard nothing but great things about the speaker, so I'm bummed I will miss out. You'll have to let me know how it went! Have fun!!!
How exciting! Judy Thomas was one of my favorite professors too. She is a very interesting woman. Have fun at your retreat. I'm glad to read about all of that treasured time with your kids. The time goes by too fast!
I want to hear all about the retreat! Be sure and post about it.
That is a GREAT picture of all three of you!
Hope you have a great time at the retreat!!
What a cute picture of Kaylee. Parker LOVED pajama day and had been talking about it for MONTHS! So I was glad that it was finally here. I know they had a blast!
Have fun on your ladies retreat. I bet you are great at those things. Ladies talking to ladies. That is SO up your alley. My little talking friend. :) Have a great weekend!
What no gift this week?? :) Ha Ha
What a fun mom taking your girls to the zoo! Just a sweet picture that will allow you to treasure those special memories! We had a great time with you all last weekend! Thanks and I can't wait to hear about the "red" bathroom! I definitely want to see a picture!
Hey girfriend, I'm buried again but I loved your entry. I always love the pictures and watching the girls growing. We have to catch up very soon. G.G. says hello!
Post a Comment