Image Map

August 27, 2007

First Day of Kindergarten

Here is my precious little kindergartner. Well the day started early for us. We were all four up, dressed, and out the door by 6:45am. Our tradition is that the first day of school you get to pick where you want to go for breakfast...well Kaylee picked IHOP. Who could blame her:) All she could talk about was the smiley face pancake and that is what she got. We had a fun breakfast as a family before the real excitement began.


















We arrived at school in plenty of time for the first day picture with the teacher. (I really like Mrs. O she is so sweet.) Kaylee would not even talk to her the other night because she was too shy so I thought it showed some progress when she actually took a picture with her. She was all smiles in her classroom. We put the backpack, lunchbox, and nap mat in her locker right away which was very exciting for Kaylee. After making her suffer through about ten more pictures and attempting to get one of her and Campbell we left the classroom. I felt that little tug at my heart to stay but knew that it was time to go. I felt better after one last kiss and hug.

This is Campbell at about 7:55am...I wish I had a picture from about a minute later. As we were leaving the room and I was about to tear up Campbell started screaming and crying for Kaylee. When I say this I mean full on fit pitching mode when everyone turns to look at you screaming. We even had one of our sweet friends pass us in the hallway and ask if she was okay. Let me just say that was the longest hallway ever and I am so glad that my sweet husband and I got to experience it together. By the time we got to the car she was better but then the question of "Where did Kaylee go?" started and has continue through a lot of the day. She was more than happy to take a nap a little after noon because I told her when she wakes up it will be time to get Kaylee. I am so glad that my girls love each other and that Kaylee was so happy in her classroom. I will post about the day from her perspective once I get the low down.
Dear Friends thanks for all of the sweet prayers for Kaylee and the rest of us during this new time in our lives. They have been a great comfort...keep them coming:)

11 comments:

Shelley said...

Kaylee looks so adorable. I hope she had a great day! Cant wait to hear all her experiences of the day...

Tracey said...

Happy first day of Kindergarten Kaylee!

Holly said...

Eating out the first day of school. That's a great tradition. I'll have to remember that next year.

Traci said...

Kaylee looks so beautiful!! She looks just like you! I'm so glad that she had a great first day! Kylie will have to call her and they can compare notes!

Poor sweet Campbell!! She looks adorable and it makes me sad that she cried so hard!!

mcjacobsjournal said...

She looks SO cute! I hope she had a great first day! I love the breakfast tradition....and I'm an IHOP girl too. Great choice, Kaylee. :)

Lisa Renee said...

PRECIOUS!

She looks adorable in her outfit and too cute hair cut!

I can imagine that it was hard but now its over! It will be 'old hat' in no time. Looking forward to hearing about her day!

Oh, and LOVE your tradition of the first day of school......mmmmm.... that just about makes me want to go back!

Jacinda said...

She looks precious!

Kristen OQ said...

I should have known you would have her a too-cute first day of school outfit! She looked adorable and sounds like her day was off to a good start.

Amy said...

Wow. Is Kaylee that old? Where does she shop and does that come in my size?

Landrea said...

My niece is growing up and I don't like it. She looks so old. I love the outfit. Give her a kiss from Rae-Rae :)

Whitney said...

Robyn said she saw you and Julie today at musical theatre. Looks like Kaylee and Campbell are loving school and your loving your free time!