
Well I am finally going to take the time to blog about our wonderful vacation that my parents took us on in July. We decided to try our first family vacation.
We packed up and left for San Antonio. The ride there was great! It is amazing how helpful a portable DVD player can be in the car. What did I ever do on all those trips when I was little? Once arriving at our hotel we decided to go to the Riverwalk.

Our first stop was the Rainforest Cafe. Kaylee and Campbell were both very excited and amazed at all the animated animals as well as the live fish that were inside the restaurant. Our food was delicious and the girls managed to eat despite all the fun going on. They also loved the huge Icee cups they got with a little surprise inside. I think next time we go I am going to just order an appetizer and the chocolate volcano. The dessert was truly delicious!

Next on the agenda was to ride one of the tour boats at the Riverwalk. You cannot go to the Riverwalk and not ride one of the boats. I thought that Kaylee would love this but she was not impressed. Our first clue was when she asked why the man kept telling us all those facts. I thought that was too funny. We did see several weddings taking place on the Riverwalk since it was 07-07-07. There were also several ducklings to be seen which Campbell loved. By the time we left it was bedtime for one little trooper who had not had a nap all day so we headed back to the hotel. Kaylee went swimming with my parents and of course slept in their room while the rest of us showered and went to bed for some rest before heading out the next morning.

Bright and early the next morning we were looking at the Sea World arch. Kaylee was so excited about the Coral Reef breakfast with the fish. I did not have high expectations for the food but it was delicious. There was a good variety of food for everyone. Both my girls were happy to see the french toast and eggs on the table. It was fun to watch the sharks and other fish swimming while we were eating.

After everyone was done eating we went outside to the dolphin tank to feed the dolphins before the park opened to everyone else. I have to say that this was a lot of fun. Campbell even managed to participate in the fun. I was a little unsure as to whether either child would hold a dead fish or touch a dolphin but they did. Kaylee loved seeing them up close and being able to really observe them.

After the yummy breakfast we hit the ground running to try to get to as many shows as possible. It is just amazing to me how people can teach these animals so many amazing things. Kaylee's two favorite shows were Viva and Believe. I have to say they were my favorites too.

Here is the famous Shamu!!!


Here are my two girls!! Kaylee enjoyed everything and really took it all in. Thee was a smile plastered on her face for most of the day. During the ski show after being splashed and not liking it at all Campbell decided it was time for a nap. She managed to sleep for about an hour and a half while moving from one show to another and all. This is my child who is a light sleeper and is not one to transfer once asleep. Can you guess how tired she was from this picture?

We ended the evening by enjoying a wonderful Dinner with Shamu. It was good to see the whales from the show up close and watch some of their amazing trainers in action. Campbell was not very impressed when the whale jumped out of the water and onto the platform. She preferred to keep a safe distance from the action. I highly recommend the Dinner with Shamu...it is definitely worth it to see the looks on your children's faces.

The first day at the park was super! It was not too hot or crowded. We were thankful that the car was very close to the gate though because we all had some tired feet:) Both girls left with smiles on their faces and souvenirs in their hands thanks to Papa and Nana.

1 comment:
Kylie is loving looking at these pictures. She wants to see Kaylee very soon!!
Post a Comment