Image Map

August 24, 2007

Meet the Teacher

Well Thursday night was just the beginning of a whole new chapter of our lives...we went to Meet the Teacher for our firstborn. I think walking in her school and then the classroom made all of it seem more real to me. The school looks so much bigger to me being on the other side of the teacher's desk. The classroom was full of so many fun things I remember having from teaching. We had fun touring the room and discussing the different things. Kaylee was most excited to see that she has a locker with her name on it. I enjoyed watching her eyes light up as she saw something new in the room or a friend walk through the door. Her teacher seems very nice and full of energy which is good with all those kindergartners.
At least that night we got to take her home for a little longer before the adventure really begins. Monday is going to come way too soon. I am very excited for Kaylee but a little sad for me. I am not sure who is going to be more lost Campbell or me? I do not think that Campbell understands that we are going to leave Kaylee there without her getting to go to class too. It should make for an interesting morning anyway. I know that Kaylee is going to have a blast because she is so ready for this, even though I may not be. Would I ever be totally ready? Probably not. I cannot wait to see how the new chapter in her life unfolds. We have moved once before so she has had to make new friends in a new place, that part should be easy. It is just all the other things I worry about. I keep reminding myself that she will be covered in prayer and watched over by Our Father, what could be better than that!
Thank you Lord for our precious daughter, may you guide her ways through the coming years and always protect her from those trying to tear her down. Help her to lean on you during trying times and be thankful to you during times of joy. May she never feel alone because you are there with her. Bless her daily with the knowledge, strength, and friendships which will build her up. Most of all give us the ability to let her go a little and watch her fly. ~Amen.

11 comments:

AbbieCRAZY said...

Woo-Hoo! Monday's coming! Kindergarten will be wonderful for all the mommies! (The kids will love it, too.)

Jacinda said...

I so feel what you're feeling right now. It seems like just yesterday that we were taking Gracie to Kindergarten. I cannot wait to see pictures from Monday! I know that Kaylee will do great!

courtney said...

You and I will be experiencing the same feelings and emotions come Monday morning! I think Kaylee will have a great year. I know many of the K teachers at her school and they are wonderful and caring. I'm anxious to hear how Monday goes!!

hollyfouts said...

How exciting! I cannot wait to hear the report from Monday.

mcjacobsjournal said...

Oh, Erica! I can't believe this day has come for all of our baby girls!! HOw the time has flown.

Your sweet prayer made me cry...you summed up my worries & prayers in those few sentences. We will be anxiously awaiting kaylee's first day of school picture!! Have a great "last weekend of summer"!

Holly said...

Kase still hasn't recovered his sister starting school last week. He spent the day weaing the backpack around the house. It's really sad. I highly encourage planning a mourning out of the house for Campbell on Monday.

Shelley said...

It is so special that we are all experiencing the same things in life... I have been on the verge of tears all week thinking about Miss Lainey heading off "into the world." I have done it with Abbey, but she was stronger and just different. I will be praying for you and Kaylee, and Chelsea and Kendyll, and for me and Lainey. God will give us the comfort and strength we need to make it through this new stage in life! Cant wait to see pictures...

leslie said...

Yay for Kaylee! I can understand your emotions though. I'm sure I will have them this time next year. Campbell is in my class at YCW though - I'm super excited about that! I guess I'll see you this Thursday for that Meet the Teacher!

Prince Edward said...

I hope she has a great first day of school tomorrow morning! Hard to believe our kiddos are growing up so quickly. Saying a prayer for Kaylee and you too!

Jacinda said...

I keep thinking about you and about the butterflies in your stomach right now! Kaylee will do great tomorrow, I just know it! I will say a prayer for both of you tonight!!!!!

Nicole said...

Hey there,
I can't wait to see Kaylee's pictures and hear how her first day went. I heard that Campbell was in great distress that y'all left Kaylee at that big ol' school. Has she recovered yet?
~Nicole~