
Well today was Campbell's first day of school for the year. As you can see from the picture she was all smiles. I decided to take her through the drive-thru for some doughnuts on the way to school so she was very excited. Her favorite things to get are a sausage roll and doughnut holes. We talked the whole 10 minutes to school about
Ms. Leslie and Ms. Lauren and her getting to see her nap mat. (She has been very concerned about her nap mat since we dropped it off at Meet the Teacher last week.) Campbell had Ms. Lauren last year so I figured that things should go pretty smoothly. I am most excited about Ms. Leslie because we have been friends for a while and she is such a sweetheart so I know that Campbell is going to love seeing her each day. We are so blessed that the Lord placed her with the perfect teachers for her. Once we got out of the car at school she wanted me to carry her backpack because it was too heavy. I thought that was funny since she has carried it around each day for over a week with the same amount of items in it. Oh well:) Once we got to the classroom she was hiding her face in my shoulder and being bashful which is normal for Campbell to do in a new situation. I passed her off to Ms. Lauren after a quick picture and left. There were no tears which was nice. I then was child- free for 5 hours! It was so nice to have breakfast with several of my sweet friends, run some errands, and then eat lunch with another dear friend. It is amazing how good you feel after a little adult conversation. When I went to pick Campbell up her teachers said that she had a good day. She only took a 20 minute nap which is a far cry from the 3+ hours she usually sleeps at home but I expected that. They also said that she would periodically ask if I was coming and when the class went to play outside she said "Mommy's car". Each time they were sweet to reassure her that I was coming back even though I am sure that they got tired of the question. Deep down I was glad that she asked about me:) I am so glad that she had such a good day with her friends.
Thank you Lord for the blessing that Campbell is to us each day. Please help her to have a wonderful year and adjust to sleeping on her nap mat. Thank you for Ms. Leslie and Ms. Lauren having such willing hearts to share their love and gifts with my baby. Amen.
9 comments:
Campbell looks like such a big girl! Where has the time gone?
I'm so glad that you got some Mommy time. Miss you!
She does look big! Glad you both had such a great day!
What a cutie! It's a mystery to me how those 2 yr old teachers get them to sleep on their nap mats!
Campbell looks ADORABLE! I am so glad you are having some time to yourself. Isnt it refreshing?!? Hope the girls continue to have a wonderful school year.
I'm so glad that sweet Campbell is in our class. I know she will have a great year. Thanks for the sweet gift on Tuesday!
Oh' I'm jealous about the breakfast thing! Kelly told me ya'll went to have coffee. How fun! Looks like Campbell had fun too!
Miss Campbell is getting so bug! What a cutie! How fun to have Ms. Leslie as a teacher... I know you will have a great year :)
I love her outfit. Your girls are always dressed so cute in their pictures. Adult time is nice. I know at the end of the summer I am always a little excited for school to start so that I can speak to adults.
Mommies without children can get into all kinds of trouble! Go for it!
Post a Comment