Image Map

September 19, 2007

This-N-That

So much to do, so little time. That is how I feel lately.

I am really excited because some of my girlfriends from church have started a prayer group and I am loving it! I really feel like I am going to be forming some close friendships, you know the kind where you can pick up the phone whether you are happy or sad and call them even if it is in the middle of the night. Since we moved to Abilene I feel that that has been something lacking in my life. (Don't worry girls I will call before midnight.) My cup runneth over with those special friendships when we were in Dallas so I would have to say that is something my heart has been longing for here. I will always have a special friendship with my Dallas girlfriends because we have been through so much but I finally feel ready and feel like the adventure has started here.

The next thing I am looking forward to is Ladies Class. I loved going to Ladies Class in Dallas because I got to know so many wonderful ladies at PC whom I might never have met other wise.
I was not able to attend Ladies Class last year because it was on the day I worked. Well I went for the first time yesterday and had a wonderful time. There was so much experience, knowledge, and love for the Lord in that room yesterday that I cannot wait for next week.

Then there is the F.A.L.L. Ladies Day at church where I am on the food committee with some really sweet people. I have gotten to know people in the other committees and have had a great time so far. I just love walking into church and actually knowing people outside of my age group.I really feel that the day is going to truly be special.

Last but not least I am a MOPS table leader this year so I am busy with all the beginning of the year stuff for that right now. MOPS is a great way to meet other moms in the community and minister to them. This year's theme is "The Home Factor" and I think it is going to be an amazing year.

So those of you who have been wondering why I have not blogged that is what I have been up to. Maybe things will even out a little more after I finish registering my Dittos stuff.

3 comments:

Jacinda said...

Sounds like you are busy & happy right now! I like knowing people outside of my immediate age group too. There is so much wisdom we can get (& occasionally give!) when we get out of our age group!

Whitney said...

We have such amazing women at church. I have felt very blessed to be apart of such a wonderful group of Christian women, including you! I'm glad I'm at your table at MOPS. See ya on Monday. We won't be at church b/c we play in OK this weekend.

Robyn said...

I know exactly what you mean about finding close friendships following a move. We have been here 2 years now, and I am still working on it. I think it gets harder not only as you get older, but we stay so busy with our kids that it is hard to find the time to devote to committing to a friendship. Does that make sense? We need to do lunch sometime. We can vent about the school pick-up line!!