Image Map

September 19, 2007

An Eventful Birthday!

This past weekend we went to Waco to celebrate a big Birthday for my Dad. I will not say how old he was but you could try to count the candles on the cake.

Note picture of my Dad being silly and warning his hand by the fire:) Of course the girls enjoyed his birthday because that meant cake and ice cream. I can only hope I look as good as my Dad when I am his age which of course is not a day over 45:) I love you Dad!!

I should have known when I woke Campbell up Saturday morning and there were red bumps on a lot of her body that we were in for a real treat. At first I thought it was just a rash since there had been no other symptoms. So we gave her Benadryll and were on our way. As the day progressed the red bumps got worse especially on her face. We decided to get a sweet nurse's input. She said take her to the minor emergency clinic so off we went. Note to anyone going to Waco there is no minor emergency clinic open in Waco after 6:00pm. Luckily one of my Mom's sweet friends has a daughter who is a nurse and she told us to go to Providence because their emergency room had minor emergency care. We did not have to wait too long just long enough to see a gunshot victim come in on a stretcher and the person involved in the shooting follow a few minutes later in handcuffs with at least 5 police officers around him. Of course that sparked a lot of questions from my 5 year old which I would have rather not answered but I think she understood enough. Campbell was just having fun walking from Nana to the fish tank and back again for about an hour. Once we saw the doctor he diagnosed her with Roseola which I thought was interesting since she never ran a high fever at all. The sweet doctor told me to keep giving her the Benadryll and I walked out wondering how much I just paid for that advice. Oh well, at least I would be able to sleep better knowing this too shall pass. I am afraid we did not get to do all the celebrating we had intended but we all survived.

My two girls love their cake!!

No comments: